The Richard and Sheila Young School of Nursing Online Program is seeking applicants for a full-time Assistant Professor of Nursing position within the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) specialty track. Candidates must possess the ability to teach a broad range of courses from our online nursing program through an online learning management system. Primary responsibilities include: teaching nursing students admitted at various entry points (i.e., associate degree through post-master’s); advising students; course evaluation and development in an online environment; committee work; and service to the department, college, and community-at-large. A doctoral degree in nursing or related field (e.g., DNP/PhD/EdD) is preferred, and APRN certification and unencumbered nursing licensure in Massachusetts is required. Reports to the Associate Dean of Online Nursing and works collaboratively with the Dean of Nursing, Associate and Assistant Deans of Online Nursing, and Graduate Program Directors.
- Teach online, carrying a workload of 27 units per year (12-month contract) .
- Advise students in the online nursing program.
- Participate in annual curriculum review and/or revision.
- Problem-solve and provide oversight in online courses.
- Maintain ongoing, clear, and consistent communication with students, the Assistant and Associate Deans of Online Nursing, and others as necessary.
- Maintain expertise in online teaching methodologies.
- Participate in curriculum and/or course development.
- Maintain active licensure and certification in nursing and advanced practice specialty as appropriate.
- Participation in School of Nursing and college wide meetings.
- Engage in service to Regis College per faculty handbook guidelines.
- Other responsibilities as designated by the Assistant Dean and Associate Dean of Online Nursing, and/or the Dean of the School of Nursing.
- Doctoral degree: in process or completed preferred. Master’s degree in Nursing required.
- Certification: FNP Nurse Practitioner Certification; CNE preferred or a minimum of 2 completed courses in nurse education.
- Active and unencumbered RN/APRN licensure in home state and MA (or eligible to apply).
- Active APRN practice in home state.
- Teaching Experience: current experience of 2 or more years of online teaching; 2 years of teaching in graduate education or a combination of graduate and RN-BS preferred.
- Course Development: Experience with Quality Matters and/or online course development preferred.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word; various learning platforms like Moodle, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams; and hosting synchronous meetings.
- Ability to uphold the College’s commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Work remotely, from home. May require annual or periodic travel to campus.
- Private home office, not subject to extremes in noise, odors, etc.
- May spend extended periods at computer, on telephone, or operating other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Protecting the Regis Community
All faculty, staff, and students who live, learn, and work on Regis College’s Weston MA campus are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated for COVID-19. COVID-19 immunization is required for faculty, staff, and students who learn and work in the Regis College Dental Center and Autism Center, consistent with federal mandates. For further information, please review Regis College’s health and safety protocols.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran’s status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia