Requisition Number: 2176088
Job Category: Behavioral
Primary Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
In this role, you will be responsible for utilization review of mental health and substance use disorder services. You’ll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. The hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 8a – 5p CST.
- Perform utilization management, utilization review, or concurrent review of behavioral health admissions and continued stay
- Ensure that behavioral health care services provided are medically necessary, per standard guidelines
- Ensure that behavioral health care services are provided in the most appropriate setting
- Integrate a collaborative process which assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services to meet the enrollee’s health needs using education, communication, and all available resources to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes
- Discharge planning or management of transitions between care settings to ensure the appropriate services/resources are in place for quality outcomes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field; OR registered nurse
- Active, unrestricted, independent license in a behavioral health field (i.e., LP, LPC, LPCC, LCSW, LISCW, LMFT, LMHC, etc.) or a Registered Nurse (RN)
- 3+ years of post-licensure clinical experience in a related behavioral health environment
- 1+ years of experience with substance abuse and mental health setting (i.e., inpatient hospital, outpatient, community health)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Access to secure, high-speed internet and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Managed Care experience
- Substance abuse experience
- Experience working with children, adolescents, and families
- Experience working with crisis calls
- Experience working in a queue-based environment
- Medical or behavioral health collaboration within different organizations
- Proven excellent customer service skills
- Proven excellent organizational skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia