First (Days) (United States of America)
Sentara is currently hiring a Behavioral Health Care Coordinator for our Justice Team!
This is a Full Time position with day shift hours and great benefits!
This position requires both in person face-to-face assessments and remote telephonic assessments!
Employee must be located in Virginia and will have travel within the region of current residence
- License Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or License Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Registered Nurse (BSN, RN)
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or Master’s Degree in Social Work or Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Behavioral Health
- Minimum 1 year experience with behavioral health care coordination, discharge planning, continuity of care or transitions of care required
- Case Management
- Experience working in Crisis Services, Day Treatment, Intensive in home Counseling or Mental Health Skill Building Highly Preferred
- Experience with individuals on probation, parole or recently released from jail
The Behavioral Health Care Coordinator is responsible for:
- Provide Care Coordination Services for individuals recently released from jail, those on probation or parole
- Work to increase Sentara’s Connections and relationships within the justice systems
- Requires knowledge of managed care contracting, Medical Necessity, CMHRS services, BH and ARTS services, DMAS protocols, clinical protocols and clinical review requirements.
- Requires knowledge of contractual, regulatory and compliance requirements for government payers, self funded and commercial payers.
- Ensures appropriate and accurate information is entered into claims system for processing of payment.
Sentara Health Plans is the health insurance division of Sentara Healthcare doing business as Optima Health and Virginia Premier.
Sentara Health Plans provides health insurance coverage through a full suite of commercial products including consumer-driven, employee-owned and employer-sponsored plans, individual and family health plans, employee assistance plans and plans serving Medicare and Medicaid enrollees.
With more than 30 years’ experience in the insurance business and 20 years’ experience serving Medicaid populations, we offer programs to support members with chronic illnesses, customized wellness programs, and integrated clinical and behavioral health services – all to help our members improve their health.
Benefits: Sentara offers an attractive array of full-time benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Sick, Tuition Reimbursement, a 401k/403B , 401a, Performance Plus Bonus, Career Advancement Opportunities, Work Perks and more.
Our success is supported by a family-friendly culture that encourages community involvement and creates unlimited opportunities for development and growth.
Be a part of an excellent healthcare organization that cares about our People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service, and Integrity. Join a team that has a mission to improve health every day and a vision to be the healthcare choice of the communities that we serve!
Keywords: LPC, LCSW, Utilization Management, Behavioral Health, Utilization Review, RN, BSN, Crisis Services, Day Treatment, Intensive in home Counseling, Mental Health Skill Building
Behavioral Health Utilization Management Care Coordinator is responsible for review of clinical information received from providers ensuring clinical data is substantial enough to meet Medical Necessity Criteria to authorize services as needed. Requires knowledge of managed care contracting, Medical Necessity, CMHRS services, BH and ARTS services, DMAS protocols, clinical protocols and clinical review requirements. Requires knowledge of contractual, regulatory and compliance requirements for government payers, self funded and commercial payers. Ensures appropriate and accurate information is entered into claims system for processing of payment.
2 years experience working in behavioral health and 1 years’ experience with behavioral health care coordination, discharge planning, continuity of care or transitions of care required.
LCSW or LPC or LMFT or RN current license for the state of Virginia. LMHP- S, LMHP-R may be considered if actively working towards licensure and prior experience is present.
MLD – Master’s Level Degree: Counseling (Required), MLD – Master’s Level Degree: Social Work (Required), N-4YR – RN-Bachelor’s Level Degree (Required)
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – North Carolina, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – Other/National, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – Virginia, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) – North Carolina, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) – Other/National, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) – Virginia, Registered Nurse License (RN) – Compact/Multi-State License, Registered Nurse License (RN) – North Carolina, Registered Nurse License (RN) – Virginia
Case Management, Clinical
Critical Thinking, Microsoft Office, Service Orientation
Sentara Healthcare prides itself on the diversity and inclusiveness of its close to an almost 30,000-member workforce. Diversity, inclusion, and belonging is a guiding principle of the organization to ensure its workforce reflects the communities it serves.
Per Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), some clinical environments require proof of education; these regulations are posted at ecfr.gov for further information. In an effort to expedite this verification requirement, we encourage you to upload your diploma or transcript at time of application.
In support of our mission “to improve health every day,” this is a tobacco-free environment.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia