Requisition Number: 2186521
Job Category: Behavioral
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale – as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
In this position, you will be responsible for care management of behavioral health and substance abuse member cases. You’ll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you manage the treatment needs of assigned cases. The schedule for this position is 8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
If you are residing and licensed in the state of Arizona, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. Residency in Arizona is required.
- Engage members that may be transitioning through various levels of behavioral health related care
- Complete member assessments and educate on resources and services available to member
- Coordinate and collaborate with providers and treatment teams
- Strategize and solution for any barriers preventing care or delaying services
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Work from an Integrated Care Management Model to ensure high risk members have evidenced based care and medically necessary services
- Join Interdisciplinary Team Rounds weekly to collaborate with cross functional teams on high-risk members
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage or Family Counseling; Doctorate-degreed Psychologist; or an RN with 2+ years of recent experience in a dedicated Behavioral Health setting
- Active, unrestricted licensed to practice independently in the state of Arizona
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Registered Nurse (RN) with 2+ years of recent experience in a dedicated Behavioral Health setting
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health environment in Arizona
- 1+ years of experience working with local and state community resources in Arizona
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Access to install secure, high-speed internet and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Reside in the State of Arizona
- Experience with community behavioral health agencies and/or inpatient facilities
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience in a managed care environment (i.e., managed care organization (MCO) or health insurance company)
- Knowledge of insurance benefits, including Medicaid and Medicare
- Familiarity with AHCCCS and Division of Developmental Disability standards
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia