BH Case Mgr III (Crisis Intervention)
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
THIS IS A PART-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Location: Remote Work from Home. Must be able to work during Eastern Standard Time Zone.
REQUIRED WORK SHIFT: SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, 9 AM TO 7 PM (EST).
*Must have a current, unrestricted Clinical License.*
Behavioral Health Case Mgr III (Crisis Intervention)
This position will answer calls, texts or chats from individuals needing access to services, and/or who are in crisis, or in distress, and need either de-escalation and/or support, linkage to resources or services, or potentially life-saving interventions such as 911 dispatch. In addition to those individuals calling for themselves, this position will also receive calls from family members, friends, and professionals, calling for assistance for someone or someone who they are responsible for, and must obtain the necessary information and coordinate efforts to insure individuals receive the necessary help.
How will you make an impact:
- Takes incoming calls, texts and chats from individuals who may be in emotional distress or in crisis, and/or needing support or access to resources or services.
- Performs safety screening and assessment to discern presence and acuity of any risk to the safety of the individual or others
- Uses information provided by the caller and obtained during the screening and assessment, to then collaborate with the caller where possible and determine next steps.
- Documents all interactions real-time to insure accuracy and efficiency.
- Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
- Serves as a resource to other BH Case Mgrs.
- Participates in cross-functional teams, projects and initiatives.
- Requires MA/MS in Social Work, Counseling or a related Behavioral Health field or a degree in nursing, and minimum of 4 years of clinical experience in social work, counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license such as either a RN, LCSW, LMHC, LICSW, LPC (as allowed by applicable state laws) LMFT or LMSW (as allowed by applicable state laws) or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable states or territory of the United States required.
- Extensive experience in case management and telephonic and/or in person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders required.
- Managed care experience required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Crisis Intervention.
- Experience in working with individuals that have Mental Health & Substance Use.
- Call Center experience.
- Telephonic Assessments.
- Telephonic Lethality Assessments.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $68,480 to $123,264
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
1st Shift (United States of America)
MED > Licensed/Certified Behavioral Health Role
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia