Location: Tampa, FL
Location Type: Tampa – Remote
Additional Location: FL;
The Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member’s needs and requirements primarily in a high intensive call center environment. The Care Coach 1 role also consists of caseload management activities, attending, and supporting events and home visits within surrounding counties. The role is subject to monthly metrics such as Phone Call Assurance and productivity expectations.
6 months in the role – $500.00 USD
1 year in the role – $750.00 USD
How we Value You:
Benefits starting day 1 of employment
Competitive 401k match
Generous Paid Time Off accrual
Go365 perks for well-being
The Care Coach 1:
- Employs a variety of case management strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member’s case.
- Identifies through a screening process for potential eligibility for state and federal benefits.
- Ensures member is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring Member’s case through use of assessment, data, and conversations with members, active planning and educating the member on potential resources.
- Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards.
- Bilingual English/(Spanish). Must be able to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance. See Additional Information on testing.
- Telephonic environment experience and/or customer service or related experience in an office setting.
- Team player, ability to work with tight schedules, multiple priorities as well as work independently.
- Skills in Microsoft Office Programs including Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am-7pm EST but also subject to overtime based on business needs and hours could include weekends/holidays during the Medicare Annual Election Period September 15-Dec 8.
- Current valid Driver’s license required & ability to travel up to 25% or more at times to include home visits, and events.
- Must have the ability to provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10×1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) is required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Skills in Microsoft Office Programs including PowerPoint.
- Strong preference for experience in member services and a call center environment specifically but not limited to Medicare & Medicaid recipients.
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experienced with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems.
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources reviews.
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 p.m. EST with overtime subject to business needs.
- During the Medicare Annual Election Period, September 16th- December 8th, must be able to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am-7pm EST but also subject to overtime based on business needs and hours could include weekends/holidays.
Language Proficiency Testing
Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Work at Home Guidance
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Internal- If you have additional questions regarding this role posting, please send them to the Ask A Recruiter persona by visiting go/yammer and searching Ask A Recruiter! Please be sure to provide the requisition number so we may be able to research your request quicker.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide their social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions on how to add the information into your official application on Humana’s secure website.
This is a remote position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia