At Devoted Health, we’re on a mission to dramatically improve the health and well-being of older Americans by caring for every person like family. That’s why we’re gathering smart, diverse, and big-hearted people to create a new kind of all-in-one healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, service, and technology – to deliver a complete and integrated healthcare solution that delivers high quality care that everyone would want for someone they love. Founded in 2017, we’ve grown fast and now serve members across the United States. And we’ve just started. So join us on this mission!
A bit about this role:
We don’t accept the broken health care system. We break down barriers to care and show up for members in their moments of need. We deliver on our promise, so members rely on us first to get the care they need – allowing them to recover and stay at home.
We want to help members navigate the healthcare system in a better way, and case management is critical to achieving this for our members. You’ll be responsible for providing telephonic case management support to our members newly discharged from the hospital for a thirty-day program. You’ll serve as an advocate for these members, coordinating care and ensuring they have the necessary resources and support to achieve better health outcomes and preventing readmissions.
Responsibilities will include:
Working with members
- Engaging with our newly discharged members telephonically to understand their needs, supported by technology and data tools.
- Conducting holistic assessments to identify comorbid conditions, ED/hospitalization history, medications, psychosocial factors, and member values and preferences.
- Developing care plans in partnership with members and their caregivers – problems, goals, interventions – while continuously evaluating the member’s progress.
- Explaining complicated medical terms in plain language.
- Educating members on their chronic conditions including teaching “red flags,” developing plans during an exacerbation, and identifying barriers to important care elements such as medication adherence.
- Hearing the red flags and providing active care management to close the gaps.
Working with other providers and resources
- Referring members to our Devoted Medical Group when applicable and working closely on partnering for member care.
- Working closely with Devoted Community Guides (locally-based social workers) to identify community-based organizations to support our members in meeting their goals.
- Coordinating post-treatment care and DME needs.
- Collaborating closely with our PCP partners, to coordinate care and deliver evidence based, effective, and accessible health care.
Improving how we work
- Providing feedback and advice to help improve the operational processes, software tools, and data capabilities to improve how Devoted does transitions of care case management
Attributes to success:
- Caring, compassionate, solution-oriented and enthusiastic about providing an outstanding experience for Devoted Health’s members.
- They are ready to innovate, adaptable to a continuously evolving startup environment, and willing to work with the whole Devoted family to create a revolution in how care is delivered.
- A desire to make a change in the healthcare experience: you love to serve and make a difference.
- You enjoy being on the phone caring for patients.
- Strong clinical skills that will help you understand what a patient needs to help them avoid poor health outcomes.
- The ability to adjust your tone and approach to different people in order to build trust and achieve positive outcomes.
- The ability to articulate and break down complex information to ensure patients and caregivers are able to absorb and act on your guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills which you will use to prioritize and provide need-based levels of engagement with individual patients, communicate and coordinate care needs across various organizations, and ensure none of our members fall through the cracks.
- Proven success and enjoyment in building relationships with a variety of stakeholders, such as care managers at hospitals and care coordinators at large PCP groups
- The ability to learn quickly from past experiences and implement changes for improvement.
- You are comfortable working with technology and in a dynamic, startup environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity this is not a box checking role
Desired skills and experience:
- An unrestricted Compact RN license obtained in the United States with the ability to secure other licensure states.
- A minimum of 4 years of RN experience in an acute setting
- The ability to comfortably multi-task: you’ll be listening, talking and typing all at the same time.
- Team player mentality with a can-do attitude
- Clinical analytical thinking that allows you to apply your skills to the individual needs of each member
- Telephonic case management experience
- Bilingual in Spanish or Creole
- Role will work 8:00am – 5:30pm MST or CST
- Health insurance experience, particularly Medicare Advantage.
- Prior Special Needs Plan, or Transitions of Care case management experience strongly preferred.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $95,000
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- Employer sponsored health, dental and vision plan with low or no premium
- Generous paid time off
- $100 monthly mobile or internet stipend
- Stock options for all employees
- Bonus eligibility for all roles excluding Director and above; Commission eligibility for Sales roles
- Parental leave program
- 401K program
- And more….
*Our total rewards package is for full time employees only. Intern and Contract positions are not eligible.
The salary and/or hourly range listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, budget and internal equity).
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Remote nursing jobs delivered to your inbox once a week
Find your unicorn remote job
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!