Location: Los Angeles, CA
Are you passionate about the Medicare population, looking for a role in management with the ability to directly impact your own income potential? If so, we are looking for licensed, highly motivated and self-driven individuals to join our team. Our Senior Manager, Medicare Sales motivates and drives a team of Medicare Sales Representatives who sell individual health plan products and educate beneficiaries on our services in a field setting. Our teams also sell Life, Annuity, Indemnity, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans, and more. Humana has an inclusive and diverse culture welcoming candidates with multilingual skill sets to service our consumers.
This individual must live in the Los Angeles, CA area and have the ability to travel throughout the entire county.
In this field position, you will; coach, mentor, educate, discipline and train a team of sales individuals. The Senior Manager, Medicare Sales must have a solid understanding of the market they serve, how to resolve operational problems and provide creative solutions to increase sales while following CMS guidelines. This role also involves cultivating, maintaining and building relationships with Humana’s customers, both internal and external business partners, along with the community we serve through telephonic, virtual and face-to-face interactions with individuals and groups. Other responsibilities include developing marketing budgets, looking for branding opportunities and guiding a large contingent of independent/contracted agents.
Full time associates enjoy
- Base salary with a competitive commission structure and a monthly guarantee
- Medical, Dental, Vision and a variety of other supplemental insurances
- Paid time off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a competitive match
- Tuition reimbursement and/or scholarships for qualifying dependent children
- And much more!
- Bilingual with the ability to speak, read and write in both English and Spanish without limitations or assistance
- Active Health Insurance license
- 6 or more years of experience working in the insurance industry
- 2 or more years of sales leadership experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Great with laptop computers, cell phones and the ability to navigate mobile apps. This also includes knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
- Must reside in the local territory – This role covers the Los Angeles market
- College degree or work level equivalent
- Prior experience working in Medicare and the health solutions industry
- Engaged with the community through service, organizations, activities and volunteerism
- Project management background or certification a plus
- Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
- Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide their social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions on how to add the information into your official application on Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing and prescreening technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected to move forward in the process, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire prescreen. In this prescreen, you will receive a set of questions over the phone and be given the opportunity to record your audio responses to each question. You should anticipate this prescreen taking about 15 minutes. Your responses will be reviewed and if selected to move forward, you will be contacted with additional details involving the next step in the process.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
The compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time employment at the time of posting in Torrance, California. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$68,200 – $93,850 per year
This job is eligible for a commission incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of Benefits
Humana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia