Requisition Number: 2199264
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Plymouth, MN
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Call Center Triage Nurse RN position is in a Managed Services organization (does not reside on Client/Practice Sites). The RN telephonically assists and guides patients towards self-management and behavior modifications that result in improved patient outcome. The RN is the primary point of contact, coordination with schedulers, pharmacists, providers of medical and behavioral health care and social services. Success is measures in terms of improved patient outcomes, prevention of patient adverse events and unnecessary inpatient readmissions, satisfied customers, meeting or exceeding quality measures, producing consistent and high-quality work ad collaboration with other care team members.
You will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 6:00pm EST (8-hour). Shifts between these hours will be determined by the business needs.
- Telephonic nurse triage services
- Provide education to patients, deploying best practices and standard workflow in their daily activities
- Apply their expertise across the various areas of responsibility, understand how their interactions with patients affect customer satisfaction, and is able to make recommendations to improve processes
- Apply established protocols, criteria, and contract guidelines
- Coordination of the team approach to management of patient care
- Analyze, investigate and resolve individual care quality, coordination of care, service and access issues
- Contact patients and providers regarding clinical needs for continuity of care
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates Degree (or higher) in Nursing
- Active RN License in the state of Pennsylvania or Compact State License (NLC)
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical, managed healthcare or healthcare setting
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that is between the hours 7:00am to 6:00pm EST, this will be set schedule that will be determined
- Access to a designated workspace and access to install secure high-speed Internet via cable / DSL in home
- Experience with EMR systems
- Telephonic triage experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications and computer experience
- Experience in handling multiple software applications
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior level clients and high level of computer literacy
- Very good knowledge of healthcare, government and insurance industry trends
- Excellent understanding of health-service related processes relevant to assigned role and responsibilities
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Nevada, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Nevada, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia