Job Id 1442488
Posted Date 08/18/2023
You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as a clinical professional on our Medical Management/Health Services team. Centene is a diversified, national organization offering competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
HIRING IN: Austin, TX and San Antonio, TX
PEDIATRIC Registered Nurse (RN) – utilize clinical nursing skills to assess and provide case management to children and adolescent members with complex behavioral and medical conditions and coordinate approved Medicaid services.
Work from home and travel in local area to conduct assessments in person via field visits.
As a Care Manager RN – Pediatrics, you will:
Perform care management duties to assess, plan and coordinate all aspects of medical and supporting services across the continuum of care for select members to promote quality, cost effective care.
• Assess the member’s current health status, resource utilization, past and present treatment plan and services, prognosis, short and long term goals, treatment and provider options
• Utilize assessment skills and discretionary judgment to develop plan of care based upon assessment with specific objectives, goals and interventions designed to meet member’s needs and promote desired outcomes
• Coordinate services between Primary Care Physician (PCP), specialists, medical providers, and non-medical staff as necessary to meet the complete medical socio economic needs of clients
• Provide patient and provider education
• Facilitate member access to community based services
• Monitor referrals made to community based organizations, medical care and other services to support the members’ overall care management plan
• Actively participate in integrated team care management rounds
• Identify related risk management quality concerns and report these scenarios to the appropriate resources.
• Case load will reflect heavier weighting of complex cases than Care Manager I, commensurate with experience
• Enter and maintain assessments, authorizations, and pertinent clinical information into various medical management systems
• Direct care to participating network providers
• Perform duties independently, demonstrating advanced understanding of complex care management principles.
• Participate in case management committees and work on special projects related to case management as needed
• Review and approve the initial and ongoing assessment and care plan to ensure requirements are met
• Coordinate service request/authorizations with UM and ensure agreement is aligned between the member, agency, and MCO
• Facilitate member linkages to MCO-based services and programs in collaboration w/ agency staff
• Assist members and/or agency staff w/ transportation to healthcare appointments
• Communicate status of member health indicators with agency staff that can contribute the successful community living of members
• Travel is required for home visits and mileage reimbursement is provided
• Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. 2+ years of clinical nursing experience in a clinical, acute care, or community setting and 1+ years of case management experience in a managed care setting. Knowledge of utilization management principles and healthcare managed care. Experience with medical decision support tools (i.e. Interqual, NCCN) and government sponsored managed care programs.
Licenses/Certifications: Current state’s RN license and Driver’s license is required.
- 2+ years of clinical nursing experience working with patients (ages: 0- 21) with complex behavioral and medical conditions (e.g., intellectual developmental disabilities (IDD) and/or medically dependent children (MDCP)
- 1+ years of nursing case management experience and/or RN Service Coordination preferred.
- Experience working in any of the following specialties Pediatric Home Health, NICU, PICU, Pediatric Private Duty Nursing, and/or School-based Nursing is preferred; not OB/GYN.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia