Location: Tampa, FL
Location Type: Tampa – Remote
Additional Location: AL; AK; AZ; AR; CA; CO; DE; DC; GA; ID; IL; IN; IA; KS; KY; LA; ME; MD; MA; MI; MN; MS; MO; MT; NE; NV; NH; NJ; NM; NY; NC; ND; OH; OK; OR; PA; RI; SC; TN; TX; UT; VT; VA; WA; WV; WI; WY;
The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 , in a telephonic environment, assesses and evaluates members’ needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member’s physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care planning. Must be able to navigate multiple systems and use critical thinking skills.
Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
The working hours for this position are between 8:00am-7:00pm central standard time; but core hours are primarily 8:00am-5:00pm central standard time.
This position will work with an assigned member population over the phone performing health assessments, care planning, and education on chronic conditions and any gaps in their health care plans.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years of clinical acute care experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the (appropriate state) with no disciplinary action
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experience
- Experience with case management, discharge planning and patient education for adult acute care
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Managed care experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experienced with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
Scheduled Weekly Hours
The compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$69,800 – $96,200 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of Benefits
Humana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia