Req Number: R-320457
Category: Nursing and Social Workers
Posted Date: October 4, 2023
Location Type: Remote
Work Location: Atlanta, GA, US, Remote
Clinical calls. Fast paced call center environment.
The Clinical Care Coordinator helps to ensure optimal continuity of care for patients transitioning into and out of our services. They are responsible for being highly knowledgeable regarding post-acute levels of care, and an expert regarding CenterWell Home Health services including home health, hospice, and palliative care. The Clinical Care Coordinator is expected to communicate with the CenterWell Home Health clinical team and help facilitate timely patient follow-up for patients in need of (additional) services when appropriate. The Clinical Care Coordinator is under the general supervision of the Manager of Care Coordination and under established performance criteria. This is a work-from-home telephonic nurse position
- Act as CenterWell Home Health representative in supporting patients who have been discharged from service or for those who may need post-acute services. Able to navigate healthcare options; care services post-acute offerings, Medicare coverage, billing issues, as well as accessing healthcare resources.
- Utilize a variety of tools and methods to quickly provide patient options and education including but not limited to sites of service, specialty offerings, post-acute care, and other related questions. Appropriately handle a variety of customer issues including location lookup, directions, and complaints.
- Makes clinical level of care determination based on discussion, medical records, and any other pertinent clinical data. Matches these needs to a service site location or, if not available, look up and provide alternative services. Act as customer advocate throughout the referral process to ensure timely response and to maximize referral to admission conversion rate. Follow-up and track referral and admission outcomes.
- Maintains awareness and orientation to department performance objectives, meets standards, and assures patient satisfaction goals are met.
- Assists in the admissions process by acting as an ambassador for patients who meet the admissions requirements.
- Focus on placing the right patient to the right care setting at the right time
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory training which includes but is not limited to HIPAA privacy program/practices, Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices, and Company policies and procedures.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
- Provide education regarding Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Services.
- Assist with clinical eligibility review for alternate services
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with compact state licensure in state of residence with no disciplinary action
- 3 – 5 years of clinical acute care experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and One Note
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- High speed internet (no hotspot, DSL or satellite)
- Experience with case management, discharge planning and patient education for adult acute care
- Managed care experience
- Home Health Care experience
- Telephonic triage experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- HCHB experience preferred
- 20 hours per week
- Saturday and Sunday 8a-6:30p
- starting pay $34 / hour plus shift differential for evenings and weekends
RN licensure in a compact state and resides in a compact state.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia