Requisition Number: 2185373
Job Category: Medical & Clinical Operations
Primary Location: Tampa, FL
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Case Manager working with Medicaid / Medicare members you’ll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments. Sometimes, you’ll interact with members leaving the hospital – possibly with new medications or diagnoses. Or perhaps you’ll perform home visits, assisting members with safe, effective transitions from care environments to where they live. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members – serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all. Want more flexibility, want more autonomy? Work from your own home and coordinate a visiting schedule that is mutually beneficial to you and the members we serve.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You’ll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you’ll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you reside in the state of Florida, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via phone interaction or in-person interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
- May require some field work- meeting members in homes, facilities if difficult to engage telephonically or at the request of management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in Florida
- 3+ years clinical experience in a hospital, acute care, home health/hospice, direct care or case management with pediatric population
- 1+ years of experience directly working with individuals with special healthcare needs
- Experience with vulnerable subpopulations include children and youth with special health care needs, adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, members with substance use disorders, children in foster care or adoption assistance, and members with other complex or multiple chronic conditions
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Access to high speed internet from home
- Dedicated work space from home
- Reside in Florida
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Certification in Case Management (CCM)
- Case Management experience
- Home care / field based case management
- Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care experience
- Experience in child placement services through both a legal and behavioral health lens and trauma-informed clinical practice
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia