Virtual, US Category Operations
Posted Date: 08/01/2023
Job Id 23014307
Behavioral Coaching and Support Case Manager with Autism Specialty -Custom High Acuity Model (CHAM) Team
The specialty case management programs help individuals make the behavioral changes and first steps necessary to initiate and engage in behavioral treatment. Our case managers are specially trained in coaching individuals with mental health and comorbid medical conditions. They have the entire suite of Evernorth services available allowing them to identify and service each customer’s individual needs. The case manager offers Specialty Case Management services that utilize a motivational interviewing approach focusing on decreasing both internal and external barriers that may be preventing the individual from initiating and/or engaging in behavioral treatment. This approach helps the individual move toward readiness to change and results in the creation of goals that will improve their health and well-being.
This Case Manager position will provide coaching for children and adults with mental health disorders, including those diagnosed with autism, as part of a client-designated team. This team works closely with our medical partners to assist customers and their families holistically.
- Performs case management in a telephonic/digital customer-facing environment which involves utilizing a coaching approach that provides support and resources to customers/family members.
- Develop SMART goals with customers to empower them to lead and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Assess readiness to change and implement actions to assist customers in moving through stages of change to achieve their goals.
- Provide services that will assist the customer/family members in understanding their options based on their benefits.
- Educate the customer/family members about treatment options, including the need for medical interventions (if appropriate).
- Refer to Health Professionals with Autism or other behavioral expertise.
- Ensure that case management program objectives are met by evaluating the effectiveness of alternative care services and that cost effective, quality care is maintained.
- Perform research for community and educational resources to assist customers on their journey.
- Consult with and assist team members in cases where a customer’s behavioral health or emotional issues are impacting their ability to set and/or achieve goals.
- Actively participate in integrated case rounds, providing insights to promote whole-person health.
- Successfully manage multiple health records and systems to accurately document customer interactions and progress
- Provide suggestions for improvements and enhancements to outpatient coaching programs based on data/experience.
- Must be able to comply with HIPAA standards and regulations in telephonic conversation and in medical record documentation.
- Maintain flexibility to assist other teams and partners as needed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Specialized training or experience working with Autism Spectrum Disorder is preferred.
- Requires Master’s degree mental health discipline and independent licensure to practice in the state of employment (LICSW, LMFT, LPC, LPCC, Licensed Psychologist, or Psych RN)
- Three to five years post-license mental health experience preferred but will also consider a new, independently licensed therapist.
- Experience with direct customer/client communication (written and verbal), experience in telephonic counseling/coaching preferred.
- Working knowledge of motivational strategies, materials development, training and consultation preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven administrative abilities, with strong computer and software application skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities including, but not limited to time management and organizational skills.
- A high energy level and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Passion for health improvement of individuals/family members.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage own caseload and coordinate all assigned cases.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of 62,400 – 104,000 USD / yearly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit Life at Cigna Group.
About Evernorth Health Services
Evernorth Health Services, a division of The Cigna Group, creates pharmacy, care and benefit solutions to improve health and increase vitality. We relentlessly innovate to make the prediction, prevention and treatment of illness and disease more accessible to millions of people. Join us in driving growth and improving lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
The Cigna Group has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia