Requisition Number: 2187716
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Farmington, CT
Opportunities with ProHealth Physicians, part of the Optum family of businesses. When you work at ProHealth Physicians, your contributions directly sustain the health and well-being of our community. Discover high levels of teamwork, robust medical resources and a deep commitment to exceptional care and service. Join a leading community-based medical group and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Location: Telecommuter position, but must be able to travel to Farmington, CT for training/meetings
- Schedule: Full time, 40 hours/weekly, Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Member Care Coordination. Works closely with physicians involved in member’s plan of care to coordinate care plan communication; works with multidisciplinary team to maintain and implement up-to-date coordinated care plan; communicates with all members of the healthcare team on behalf of the member
- Member Referral Support: Assists physician providers, members, and their families in obtaining referrals to needed specialists. Provides support and counseling, as appropriate to the clinical situation
- Care Plan Development. Works with designated physicians to develop and maintain member care plans
- Clinical Improvement. Proactively participates in the development and deployment of coordination of care activities with the goal of improving the clinical experience for referred members and the referring physician
- Liaison. Communicates with members of the care team as appropriate to coordinate the identified member and physician’s needs
- Provider/Member Education. Educate member and care team participants on community/health plan benefit services available
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position in conjunction with Medical Management as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted current CT Nursing License
- 2+ years of experience managing complex disease states
- 2+ years of telephonic health plan case management, Utilization Management or Concurrent review experience
- Experience with Electronic Health Records (Allscripts, Epic)
- High proficiency with navigating multiple complex computer programs (including but not limited to Microsoft Products, Adobe)
- Ability to travel up to Farmington CT for training and meetings as needed. Possible travel to other locations at times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Certified Case Manager Certification (CCMC)
- 5+ years of experience as a nurse case manager
- 5+ years of experience managing complex disease states
- Experience in a remote work setting
- Knowledge and understanding of NCQA standards
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $56,300 to $106,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia