Requisition Number: 2193020
Job Category: Behavioral
Primary Location: Dallas, TX
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale – as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage all facility-based admissions for mental health and substance abuse through the continuum of care
- Effectively collaborate with treating providers and facilities to ensure consumers are receiving treatment in line with best practice and level of care guidelines
- Effectively communicate with consumers about their benefit coverage and provide appropriate resources and referrals
- Make decision about appropriate levels of care based on medical necessity guidelines
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independently Licensed Clinician, with a Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D or a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner with 2+ years of experience in behavioral / mental health
- 2+ years of behavioral health experience
- Facility based mental / substance abuse experience
- Experience with Outlook/One Note email, use of online calendars and other proprietary software applications
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows 10)
- Proven computer/typing proficiency to enter/retrieve data in electronic clinical records and provide customer service on the phone concurrently
- A private work space and access to high speed internet
- Inpatient experience
- Experience in a managed care setting
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Proven ability to work effectively within in a fast paced, changing environment
- Proven solid verbal and written communication skills
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia