Req Number: R-317584
Category: Administrative and Support Services
Work Location: Brentwood, TN, US,
***This is a remote position.***
The Denials Management Specialist is responsible to respond to, monitor and analyze all governmental requests, including but not limited to ADR’s, CERTS, RAC’s, ZPIC’s, SMRC’s, and all other revenue-driven denials and requests. Guides and coordinates with the branch staff in developing responses. Identifies the need for changes in policies, procedures, documentation strategies, and protocols based on regulatory requirements and makes recommendations as indicated.
- Responsible for responding to, managing and monitoring all payer requests for additional documentation (ADR), appeals and denials. Works with branch staff to gather required information and ensure timely response to payer requests for additional documentation.
- Monitors denials, collaborates with branch and billing staff to determine appropriate response, manages appeals process.
- Monitors and responds to all requests related to revenue recovery including but not limited to Government and private payer requests.
- Collaborates with branch and billing department staff to develop appropriate and timely responses.
- Responsible for constructing response to denials and appeals, utilizing any federal guidelines or local coverage determination guidelines that are applicable to the record and response.
- Monitors the development, interpretation and implementation of federal and governmental regulations. Coordinates the dissemination of information.
- Provides trended reports for operations and clinical management in order to improve performance, collaborates with and acts as a resource for division and field support staff in identifying areas in need of attention/improvement.
- Identifies the need for new and revised policies and training based on trends, changes in regulations, operations or clinical programs.
- Participates in project team activities, and serves as a backup to divisional regulatory staff on issues of regulations, coverage, compliance and documentation.
- Reviews records and operations as requested regarding compliance with policy and payer requirements.
- Responsible for assigned tasks inside Waystar: entering, tracking, uploading records, etc.
- Participates in and provides training as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR certification preferred.
- 5 years of professional experience in Home Care, 2 of which are in an administrative, supervisory, or teaching position in/or related to a Medicare certified home health agency.
- A thorough knowledge of federal regulations and Medicare requirements is required along with analytical skills to interpret and apply regulatory requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of home care operations, compliance requirements and legal issues in home care.
- Extensive experience in working with Payer requirements, ADR requests, Denials, Appeals, RAC, ZPIC, CERT, etc. responses.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to learn Homecare Homebase and the Waystar system quickly and extensively.
- Must be proactive, responsive and resourceful.
- Highly flexible and motivated with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must consistently demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and extended hours on occasion in order to meet deadlines and/or work on special projects.
- Requires working under some stress conditions to meet deadlines and agency needs.
- Current driver’s license.
- Must have reliable transportation and insurance.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
This is a remote position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia