2023-13942 Category Nursing Type PRN (Per Diem)
Holisticare Hospice is currently hiring a PRN Compassionate Hospice Nurse Practitioner to provide patient care in and around the Wayne Area!
The Hospice Nurse Practitioner provides hospice care through the evaluation and assessment of the health history, health promotion, diagnosing medical conditions, management of health problems by directing and developing the plan of care, coordinating and collaborating with patients, families and other healthcare practitioners. Under the supervision of a physician, the nurse practitioner visits patients, completes physical assessments, performs face-to-face assessments and evaluates hospice eligibility as assigned in consultation with the hospice interdisciplinary team.
Holisticare Hospice is a premier provider of end-of-life care. Our family of hospices provide quality care through our mission-oriented and patient-centric services. We are growing rapidly and are looking for skilled individuals to join us in our journey.
If you are looking for a career with a purpose and a supportive team culture, then this is the position for you!
- Provides medical care, palliates and manages terminal illness in compliance with the state Nurse Practice Act under the supervision of a collaborating physician.
- Consults with the patient’s attending physician, the hospice medical director and other healthcare practitioners regarding the patient’s eligibility for hospice care, ongoing care needs and medical management related to the patient’s terminal condition.
- Reviews clinical information, coordinates and oversees patient care in consultation with the hospice interdisciplinary team and other healthcare practitioners.
- Educates/counsels patients, families, and/or caregivers as to preventative care, medical problems, psychological problems, and spiritual problems in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team to identify the goals of care and to meet the total needs of patients and family/caregiver.
- Makes recommendations to the Hospice Medical Director regarding patient eligibility for certification and recertification for hospice care.
- Maintains knowledge of and compliance with current Medicare/Medicaid, state/federal rules and regulations for hospice services.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of one(1) year hospice or palliative care experience as an RN or NP preferred.
- Holds current unencumbered license in the State of Practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner.
- Certification in a specialist area preferred; (e.g. Hospice and Palliative Nursing (CHPN), Pediatrics or Geriatrics)
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, articulating complex problems if they arise.
- Must be computer proficient in typing and various programs, including background in EMR.
- Possesses and maintains CPR certification.
- CMS requires that all patient-facing staff, as well as those that are in contact with patient-facing staff, be fully vaccinated, or have a documented religious or medical exemption. This important rule is required for all healthcare organizations that receive federal funds through Medicare or Medicaid.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia