Category Patient Care & Pharmacy
Job Id 23018045
Please Note: Candidate MUST be a current contractor with Cigna Healthcare, Evernorth Health Services, or one of their subsidiaries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform health risk assessments which are essentially history and physicals done within the within the patient’s home or on occasion in nursing home or other health facility; on occasion some of these assessments are done through a telehealth visit using simultaneous video and audio communication.
- Will see adults, children, postpartum visits depending on need/specialty and licensure of the clinician
- Clinical documentation of acute and chronic healthcare issues through patient encounter in EMR system; documentation must be accurate, high quality, and completed in a timely manner.
- Clinician will ensure all appropriate consent is obtained from the patient/legal representative
- Clinician will have frequent interaction with patients, coders, clinical operations, schedulers, and supervising physician
- The clinician will educate patients and/or patient’s family on chronic medical conditions, preventative care, and medication adherence compliance
- Clinician will complete referrals to client case management, pharmacy, etc. as needed
- Clinician will educate the patient on the importance of following up with their Primary Care Provider. On occasion, the clinician may need to contact the PCP and/or any other health care provider involved in the patient’s care directly to ensure patient care continuity.
- Clinician will participate in clinical meetings and compliance trainings which are primarily web based; clinician may occasionally be required to attend on-site training with sufficient notice.
- Clinician will not be required to prescribe medications nor order any lab or diagnostic testing
- Clinician will occasionally need to obtain samples for diagnostic screening tests such as finger stick for HgbA1C, LDL, and Lead levels; urine collection/analysis may also be required based on client need. Moreover, the clinician may need to deliver testing samples (such as FIT kit) to the patient’s home during the visit. Additional testing using other diagnostic equipment (such as diabetic retinopathy screening via portable camera) may be required as well.
- Clinician will be responsible to review patient records for past and present health issues
- Clinician will need to collaborate with the supervising physician and other members of health care team to ensure outstanding patient care is delivered
- Clinician must be able to interpret laboratory data and diagnostic testing when available to assist in diagnosis of medical conditions
- As part of the assessment, the clinician must do ADL and Fall Risk evaluation, Depression and Nutritional Health Screening, BMI evaluation, and medication reconciliation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervising physician
- Scheduling based on needs and NP’s availability – this is not a full-time position and there are no guarantees of weekly needs. Needs fluctuate throughout the year.
Knowledge/Education, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a current contractor with Cigna Healthcare, Evernorth Health Services, or one of their subsidiaries.
- For Nurse Practitioner: must have graduated from an Advanced Nurse Practitioner program in Adult, Acute Care, Geriatric, or Family Nurse Practitioner; Family Nurse Practitioner is highly desirable considering our variety of patients seen.
- Experience with electronic medical records is required.
- Proficiency with various computer-based applications such as MS Office (Logging into programs, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, general use of mouse and navigation of different programs, typing) along with utilizing various websites to perform the required duties is required.
- Must have home internet connection
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to a 100 miles radius from their home zip code
- Prior clinical experience in geriatric, adult or family medicine is a plus but not required
- Strong background/interest in primary care and preventative medicine is a plus
- Must have valid state driver’s license, be able to drive your car, provide your own vehicle, be able to enter patient homes, and have proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Highly motivated, self-directed professional with strong organizational skills and comfortable working independently on a daily basis
- Excellent clinical assessment and analytical skills
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills; facilitates problem resolution and maintains a professional demeanor in difficult situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to perform comprehensive, adult/geriatric/pediatric/postpartum physical exams
- Demonstrated ability to identify, diagnose and document acute and chronic disease in adults
- Demonstrated ability to recognize conditions, characteristics, and behaviors that place seniors and children at risk
- Proven ability to pursue feedback, continuing education and professional development
- Strong reading and oral comprehension – English language required. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Customer (clients and patients) Service
- NP candidates must be board certified by the ANCC or AANP or geriatrics, and
- Must have current BLS certification
- Must have active/unrestricted licenses (RN and NP) in state of position opening
- New graduates will be considered
- Must be able to be credentialed by Medicare, Medicaid, and other Private Insurance Companies
- Must be able to see patients without the physical presence of a collaborative physician (where such collaboration is required). This may mean the provider must have already accumulated the required hours of working as a Nurse Practitioner for whichever timeframe is specified by the state for which the provider is licensed.
- Assessments done primarily in patient’s home
- Documentation can be completed real-time within the patient’s home or typically completed at the clinician’s home at the end of workday
- Production driven income based on number of assessments completed; motivated clinicians can significantly increase income.
- No evenings or weekends required, but may be requested by the clinician (clinician can/may work non-traditional hours to earn additional income); typical hours to see patients are from 8 am to 5 pm local time
- No on-call duties required
- Great Work / Life Balance / Autonomy
- Flexible scheduling to see patients according to clinician’s preference so long as productivity ensured
- Schedulers will make every effort to have home visits located near the clinician’s home residence when possible
- Practice medicine under the general supervision of a collaborating physician, where applicable, who is licensed in the same state in accordance with the advance practice regulations
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an hourly rate of 46 – 77 USD / hourly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
About Cigna Healthcare
Cigna Healthcare, a division of The Cigna Group, is an advocate for better health through every stage of life. We guide our customers through the health care system, empowering them with the information and insight they need to make the best choices for improving their health and vitality. Join us in driving growth and improving lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
The Cigna Group has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Remote nursing jobs delivered to your inbox once a week
Find your unicorn remote job
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!