Requisition Number: 2179081
Job Category: Sales/Direct Selling
Primary Location: Franklin, TN
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Under the direction of the Regional Sales Director, the Acute Care Sales Specialist is responsible for the sale of Optum Infusion Services products, programs, and services in assigned geographical areas to specific target groups. The Acute Care Sales Specialist leverages specialized knowledge, skills, and services of the organization to assist with coordination of infusion care for patients with complex health care needs to provide a comprehensive, coherent, and continuous response to a patient’s unique care needs. To facilitate the appropriate delivery of health care services, this role works with internal and external resources needed to carry out all required patient care activities and is often managed by the exchange of information among participants responsible for different aspects of care.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely in Tennessee * as you take on some tough challenges. Local travel up to 75%.
- Identifies prospective, high-volume clients in target groups for assigned area. Secures appointments and qualifies these accounts
- In conjunction with Optum Infusion Services overall marketing plan, makes a sales plan with specific target accounts and sales objectives. Upon approval of the plan, is responsible for the successful accomplishment of this plan including representing the company and achieving budgetary goals set forth
- Ensures that branch staff are informed of all target accounts and specific client needs to insure proper servicing of the client
- Conducts follow – up on all maintenance accounts to ascertain continued satisfaction with Optum Infusion Services and identify areas to increase business. Responsible for problem – solving issues with referral sources and other hospital or clinic – based programs related to the delivery of home infusion and all related support services. Shares in the responsibility for administrative management of system – wide quality assurance monitoring programs, including managing of clinical database information and related work
- Serve as liaison between the account and the branch to facilitate communication and resolve problems if they occur. Routinely conducts quality assurance activities through reviews, meetings, reports and observation of results, according to professional practice standards and regulatory compliance. Evaluates and monitors program needs, identifies unmet needs, and works with referral source and internal partners to revise services as program needs change. Provides feedback to Optum Infusion Services management on sales issues, customer and patient satisfaction / complaints, etc.
- Refers all prospects outside of assigned geographical area to the VP of Sales for potential reassignment
- Joins and attends key professional organizations to increase visibility of Optum Infusion Services and increase business opportunities
- Provides in – services to accounts as needed
- Attends training classes and reads current professional articles on both clinical and sales issues
- Attends weekly sales and staff meetings and participates in sales conference calls
- Participates in exhibits and seminars to promote Optum Infusion Services
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience
- 3+ years of healthcare sales / account management experience
- Experience calling on Case Managers, Nurses, Physicians
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Current, Unrestricted RN license in state of application
- Managed care experience
- Home health experience
- Home Infusion experience
- DME experience
- Experience selling a service
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia