About the job
The Care Coach assesses and evaluates member’s needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
We are looking for motivated and dynamic case managers that reside in the East Pasco County area.
This rewarding role allows you to spend time connecting with our members to ensure they receive the services they need. The Care Coach 1 role involves meeting members in their location, spending quality time assessing their needs and barriers and then connecting our members with quality services to promote their ultimate well-being and drive health outcomes. If you enjoy applying your creativity and skills to help those in need, find long term solutions, this role is for is for you! Here at Humana, we thrive on teamwork and highlighting the success of each of our team members.
At Humana one of our main areas of focus is to inspire health in others. We are looking for individuals who enjoy talking to others about their health while providing education, motivation and encouragement. We also desire to cultivate the uniqueness in each of our associates as well as our members and are looking for individuals from various backgrounds who can bring their expertise to the role of the Care Coach 1. If you are looking for a new work family and team of dynamic professionals, we hope you will apply!
The Care Coach 1
- Visits Medicaid members in their homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and/or Long-Term Care Facilities and other care settings – 75-90% local travel.
- Assesses and evaluates member’s needs and requirements in order to establish a member specific care plan.
- Ensures members are receiving services in the least restrictive setting in order to achieve and/or maintain optimal well-being.
- Planning and implementing interventions to meet those needs.
- Coordinating services, and monitoring and evaluating the case management plan against the member’s personal goals
- Guides members/families towards resources appropriate for their care.
- Services are driven by facilitating interactions with other payer sources, providers, interdisciplinary teams and others involved in the member’s care as appropriate and required by our comprehensive contract.
Care Coaches must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience (Health Services, Social Work, Psychology).
- Registered Nurse (RN), licensed in the state of Florida with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), licensed in the state of Florida, with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of Health Services/Case Management Experience.
Care Coaches Must Meet All Of The Following Qualifications
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- AHCA Fingerprint Required.
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- Must have the ability to provide a high-speed DSL, wireless or cable modem for a home office (satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25 mbps download x 10 mbps upload) is required.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm EST.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Creole).
- Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience.
- Experience with electronic case note documentation and documenting in multiple computer applications/systems.
- Experience working with geriatric population.
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness.
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources.
- 701B Certification.
- Medication application (RFA) experience.
Work at Home Guidance
To Ensure Home Or Hybrid Home/Office Associates’ Ability To Work Effectively, The Self-provided Internet Service Of Home Or Hybrid Home/Office Associates Must Meet The Following Criteria
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership.
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana value’s personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia