IL – Work from home
Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
The Care Manager RN is responsible for driving and supporting care management and care coordination activities across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating). The CM RN utilizes advanced clinical judgment and critical thinking skills to facilitate appropriate member physical and behavioral healthcare through assessment and care planning, direct provider coordination/collaboration, and coordination of psychosocial wrap around services to promote effective utilization of available resources and optimal, cost-effective outcomes.
- Responsible for telephonic and/or face to face assessment, planning, implementing and coordinating care management activities with members to ensure that their medical and behavioral health needs are met and to enhance the member’s overall wellness.
- Develops a proactive course of action to address issues presented and facilitate short and long-term outcomes as well as identify opportunities to enhance a member’s overall health through integration.
- Through the use of clinical tools and information/data review, conducts comprehensive assessments of member’s needs and recommends an approach to case resolution by meeting needs in alignment with their benefit plan and available internal and external programs and services.
- Applies clinical judgment to the incorporation of strategies designed to reduce risk factors and addresses complex health and social indicators which impact care planning and resolution of member issues.
- Completes assessments that take into account information from various sources to address all conditions including co-morbid and multiple diagnoses that impact functionality and the member’s restrictions and limitations.
- Analyzes utilization, self-report and clinical data available to consolidate information and begin to identify comprehensive member needs.
- Using advanced clinical skills, performs crisis intervention with members experiencing a behavioral health or medical crisis and refers them to the appropriate clinical providers for thorough assessment and treatment, as clinically indicated.
- Provides crisis follow up to members to help ensure they are receiving the appropriate treatment and services.
- Applies and/or interprets applicable criteria and clinical guidelines, standardized care management plans, policies, procedures, and regulatory standards while assessing benefits and member’s needs to ensure appropriate administration of benefits.
- Serves as a single point of contact for members and assists members to remediate immediate and acute gaps in care and access.
- Using a holistic approach consults with manager, medical directors, and/or other physical/behavioral health support staff and providers to overcome barriers to meeting goals and objectives.
- Presents cases at case conferences/rounds to obtain multidisciplinary view in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with the members’ interdisciplinary care team.
- Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels.
- Ability to speak to medical and behavioral health professionals to influence appropriate member care.
- Utilizes influencing/motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member
engagement and discern their health status and health needs based on key questions and
- Provides coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices.
- Helps member actively and knowledgably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making.
- In collaboration with the member and their care team develops and monitors established plans of care to meet the member’s goals.
- Utilizes care management processes in compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Facilitates clinical hand offs during transitions of care.
Reports to: Manager, Clinical Health Services
- RN with current unrestricted IL state licensure required
- 3+ years clinical practice experience, e.g. hospital setting or alternative care setting such as ambulatory care or outpatient clinic/facility
- 2+ years’ experience using personal computer, keyboard navigation, navigating multiple systems and applications; and using MS Office Suite applications (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Willing and able to travel up to 25% of their time in Chicago city, IL.
- Reliable transportation required; Mileage is reimbursed per our company expense reimbursement policy.
- · BSN
· Managed care experience
· Discharge planning experience
· Experience providing care to the Medicaid population
· Case management in an integrated model
- Minimum Associates or diploma nursing degree required with an RN license.
The typical pay range for this role is:
$63,200.80 – $136,600.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Remote nursing jobs delivered to your inbox once a week
Find your unicorn remote job
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!