Primary Location Seattle, WA
Job Number 1195983
Date posted 06/20/2023
NOW is the time for you to join KPWAs Nursing Home Services (NHS) department as a Care Management Liaison Nurse (CMLN)!
As a NHS CMLN, you will assist to facilitate the benefits and utilization of KPWA members in Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF). The CMLN is responsible for working closely with placement coordinators to choose an appropriate location for members to transition from the hospital to the SNF, with the Outcomes Manager to discuss medical needs of members, with nursing home care coordinators to gather member information, and with MD/ARNP/RN to ensure that members are treated in the appropriate post-acute care setting. The CMLN will be office-based out of a Kaiser Permanente Washington location
The CMLN is an advocate for our members as they transition through the continuum of care. They reviews notes, discuss Medicare skilled benefit criteria with the SNF team and providers to determine appropriate benefit coverage. The CMLN reviews patients referred to the SNF from various community settings to determine if SNF criteria is met and the appropriate health coverage. CMLNs assist in upholding member benefit stewardship.
Works closely with Kaiser Permanente Washington teams and network providers. Serves as the liaison across the internal Kaiser Permanente Washington care continuum regarding Nursing Home Services, and externally contracted providers, facilities. Monitors length of stay and patient appropriateness for continued stay in post-acute care/SNF setting. Works with the KP SNF physicians and practitioners in conjunction with the facility care teams, comprising of therapy departments , social workers, and nurses to make appropriate care decisions. Case management is a mix of telephone, virtual, and in-person meetings at facilities. Participate in quarterly leadership meetings with KPWA NHS, providers, and the SNF facilities. Provides education to SNF to improve care coordination, communication, and care management of KPWA members.
- Oversee utilization of KPWA members while in SNF.
- Work closely with KPWA and community providers to ensure excellent patient outcomes.
- Assess members to ensure SNF criteria is met.
- Minimum three (3) years of recent RN clinical experience required.
- BA or BS degree OR four (4) years of directly related experience.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development required.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Case Manager Certificate within 24 months of hire
- Valid WA State Drivers License, if in a traveler role, is required by date of hire/transfer.
- Demonstrate skill and experience in effectively collaborating with care team members.
- Demonstrate effective, independent nursing judgment and skills, and use of evidence based clinical decision-making criteria.
- Knowledge of management of chronic disease process, nursing process and collaborative care planning.
- RN experience in utilization review, ambulatory case management, care coordination, or disease management.
- Experience in Inpatient Rehab Facility (IRF).
- Case management experience preferred.
- Nursing Home/ SNF experience preferred.
Primary Location: Washington,Seattle,Capitol Hill West Building
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 04:30 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: J01|SEIU|SEIU RN/ANRP
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Central Campus West – UR-Case Mgmt-Snf – 1130
Pay Range: $38.13 – $53.83 / hour
The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted.
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia