Responsible for providing clinical expertise in working with clients and internal operational experts.
- Perform reviews of client medical records as instructed by scope of work.
- Research and provide comments and recommendations on billing regulations.
- Perform documentation review on medical records to identify clinical elements for accuracy.
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on clinical documentation and interaction with the client.
- Review client information systems for clinical documentation.
- Review documentation associated with focused medical reviews and write appeals as needed.
- Participate in cross-team clinical consulting work.
- Associate’s Degree in nursing, social work, physical therapy or another related discipline or relevant work experience.
- Active license in related field and at least 3 years of progressive clinical management experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in quality assurance and/or case management.
- In-depth knowledge of condition of participations and conditions of payment. Extensive knowledge of regulatory standardized assessment documents as well as patient care protocols.
- Proficient in the use of Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint basic functionality.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills are required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), social work or physical therapy or another related discipline.
- Potential travel up to 10% of the time as needed.
- Position may at times require extended or irregular hours outside of traditional office hours to support clients and projects across multiple time zones and any required travel.
Netsmart is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All employment decisions at Netsmart, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotion and transfer, are based on performance, qualifications, abilities, education and experience. Netsmart does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Netsmart desires to provide a healthy and safe workplace and, as a government contractor, Netsmart is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal law. Pursuant to Netsmart policy, all post-offer candidates are required to successfully complete a pre-employment background check, including a drug screen, which is provided at Netsmart’s sole expense. In the event a candidate tests positive for a controlled substance, Netsmart will rescind the offer of employment unless the individual can provide proof of valid prescription to Netsmart’s third party screening provider.
All applicants for employment must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Netsmart does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia