Requisition Number: 2182879
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Health Engagement Nurse empowers members to make better healthcare decisions, and connect them with the appropriate resources, promoting engagement in clinical programs and providing health education on an individual and group level. The Nurse utilizes analytic data to improve employee engagement and affordability, to deliver high impact results. This is a field-based position focused on health education, behavior modification, health care consumerism with UHC and Optum products, and engagement in the wellness program offerings.
If you are located in the Phoenix, AZ area (Mesa, Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe), you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Clinical liaison to promote and educate on plan specifics and member resources
- Implement custom initiatives to impact Chronic Condition Management with a focus on diabetes, Prescription Drug Review, and Appropriate Site of Care
- Clinical interface with facilities and providers for resolution of issues concerning members, benefit interpretation, program definition and clarification
- Monitors and analyzes customer specific health analytic data and develops targeted data driven strategic plans and programs; provides support to clinical programs; may perform clinical assessments, non-invasive biometric screenings and associated health education and counseling
- Track individual and group employee meetings in proprietary dashboard
- Referral of employees to available clinical programs including premium designated physicians
- Educate members on health education and condition management (formal and informal) in collaboration with OptumHealth
- Create, manage, and implement employer specific programs based on employer’s needs
- Knowledge of community resources for referral and community outreach
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted RN licensure and clinical practices experience in a clinical role
- 3+ years of experience as a registered nurse
- Effective interpersonal skills, influence, collaboration, and listening skills in understanding customer needs
- Clear and concise written & verbal communication skills with presentation experience
- Beginner or Intermediate skills within Office 365 applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 25% (work will require working at multiple sites/locations throughout Arizona)
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work 5 days/week. This is a Monday – Friday work schedule.
- 3+ years in managed care with significant program management experience
- Solid familiarity with disease management / condition management program
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia