Smithtown, New York, United States of America
Category Patient Care & Pharmacy
Posted Date: 08/31/2023
Job Id 23012378
Home Infusion Nurse (RN):
Empower your patients. Pursue your passion. Be the RN you dreamed of. Because it all matters.
Get ready for a nursing career experience unlike any other. Accredo Infusion Nurses travel to patient homes and deliver critical infusion drugs, but that’s only half of our story. The other half? It’s being able to develop meaningful relationships with patients – without feeling rushed or pressure to move on to the next. In this role, you’ll work independently to make decisions and execute them for the best possible outcome for your patients, while feeling the impact you’re making every single day.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Be a coach to empower your patients to be at their best. Focus on the overall well-being of your patients and work with Pharmacists and Therapeutic Resource Center (TRC) to ensure your patients’ needs are met.
- Take full ownership of the patient experience. Travel to patient homes and administer IV infusion medications autonomously, providing response management and follow-up care.
- Be the single point of contact for regular updates on patient status. Armed with a tablet, you are the single point of contact to ensure all clinicians are in the know about your patient. You’ll be expected to document all interactions and communication with patients including assessments, treatments, responses, disease progression, etc.
- Challenge yourself to be a better nurse every day. Use your commitment to your craft, confidence in your abilities, positive attitude, and adaptability to handle even the most difficult situations with the support of your leader and team.
What you must have:
- Ability to do 2-3 patient visits per week during evenings or weekends.
- Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing in the state of residence
- BSN degree, plus 2+ years of relevant RN experience; or
- ASN degree, plus 5+ years of relevant RN experience; or
- Nursing Diploma, plus 8+ years of relevant RN experience
- 1+ years as a specialty RN in a critical care, acute, or home healthcare environment
- Strong IV insertion skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel within an assigned geographic area
Your Benefits as an Accredo Home Infusion Nurse (RN):
- Door-to-door pay
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Internal Career Training Resources
- Tuition Assistance
Accredo, Evernorth Health Services’ specialty pharmacy, serves patients with complex and chronic health conditions, including cancer, hepatitis C, HIV, bleeding disorders, and multiple sclerosis.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an hourly rate of 33 – 56 USD / hourly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
About Evernorth Health Services
Evernorth Health Services, a division of The Cigna Group, creates pharmacy, care and benefit solutions to improve health and increase vitality. We relentlessly innovate to make the prediction, prevention and treatment of illness and disease more accessible to millions of people. Join us in driving growth and improving lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
The Cigna Group has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia