Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America
Job Id 23008549
Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian Onsite Health Coach – Falls Church VA – Hybrid – work on site in Falls Church VA and part time work from home
Our Evernorth Direct Health provides personalized wellness services to our customers in their place of employment.
Our Custom Coaching program connects employees with a highly skilled wellness coach for face-to-face sessions. Coaches take a holistic approach to help employees set and accomplish goals, manage chronic conditions and encourage healthy behaviors.
Our experienced Health Coach will:
• Provide onsite face-to-face customer coaching and support
• Identify customer health education needs through targeted health assessment activities.
• Collaborate with customers to establish health improvement plans, set personalized evidence-based goals, and support customers in achieving those goals.
• Empower customers to become an active participant in their own health outcomes.
• Assist Customer in overcoming barriers to better health
• Lead and support a variety of Health and wellness promotional activities, such as group coaching, wellness challenges and Health related seminars.
• May perform biometric screenings, including finger sticks, blood pressure, body composition, etc.
• Utilize biometric values and motivational interviewing techniques to collaborate with customer to drive to improve clinical outcomes.
• Provide support for health-related site events, which include open enrollment, wellness committee facilitation, flu shot events, health fairs, etc.
What we expect from you:
• Strong Clinical skills with at least 3 or more years of experience health coaching, health education and health promotion
• Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian licensed in respective state
• Current ACLS/BLS/CPR/AED Certification
• High energy level, with dynamic presentation skills is required.
• Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors
• Passion for health improvement
• Ability to work independently
• Customer-centric focus
• Ability to proactively collaborate professionally with the client and other matrix partners.
• Understand and own a variety of clinical targets and outcome measurements. Develop action plans that drive clinical value for the customers and clients.
• Proven administrative abilities, with strong computer and software application skills.
• Must reside local to Falls Church VA.
Bonus points for:
• CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist)
• Motivational interviewing training/experience.
• Smoking cessation and diabetes experience.
This role will be a hybrid role. Part of the week will be work from home and part of the week will be on site at various locations across Falls Church VA. The schedule is TBD.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
About Evernorth Health Services
Evernorth Health Services, a division of The Cigna Group, creates pharmacy, care and benefit solutions to improve health and increase vitality. We relentlessly innovate to make the prediction, prevention and treatment of illness and disease more accessible to millions of people. Join us in driving growth and improving lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
The Cigna Group has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia