Primary Location Renton, Washington
Job Number 1087023
Date posted 07/12/2023
OR EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH SURGEONS, ANESTHESIOLOGIST AND ALL MEMBERS OF THE PERIOPERATIVE TEAM IS VITAL TO THE SUCCESS OF THIS ROLE
50% TIME SPENT AT OUR SURGERY CENTERS IN CAPITOL HILL, BELLEVUE AND TACOMA WITH THE OTHER 50% SPENT AT OUR NEW RENTON KPWA REGIONAL HEADQUARTERS.
- Develops on-site curriculum as well as other methods (e.g., virtual) and materials (e.g., checklists, audits) in support of training to assure key clinical initiatives in quality/redesign/practice improvement/internalization of services are integrated into practice. Assures orientation programs for new staff are conducted including extended orientation for clinical staff.
- Designs educational programs for staff with specific quality improvement goals. Develops and implements education programs to support knowledge and skill development of staff. Researches and utilizes internal and external resources.
- Regularly evaluates program effectiveness and makes revisions as necessary. Using evidenced based practices, identifies opportunities for staff development, influences and gathers buy-in, initiates updates to curriculum, and acts as change agent when introducing new concepts and practices.
- Keeps abreast and follows standards and guidelines from accrediting and regulatory agencies. Incorporates into courses and updates care givers on new clinical guidelines. Participates in the development, review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines. Assists in development of website content for staff.
- Develops rigorous skills and competencies monitoring and evaluation program for staff assessment. Develops tracking systems for staff certification/recertification related to specialized equipment training.
- Provides consultation to clinical teams in the orientation, training and selection of new employees to promote recruitment and retention. Works directly with manager to assure development of strategies to integrate new staff members into the healthcare team. Supports Nurse Managers in achieving desired performance of clinical staff.
- May provide supervision to other members of a nursing operational educational and development team; may participate in committees as appropriate.
- Minimum two (2) years prior clinical experience in acute and/or non-acute care environment.
- Masters degree in nursing or health-care related field.
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Clinical expertise in team and program development to include: verbal and written communication; knowledge of clinical practice in non-acute nursing; teaching; group facilitation; program evaluation; individual and group skills assessment; adult learning theory and practice; computer skills.
- Three (3) years of primary/specialty ambulatory care and education experience focused on curriculum and staff development.
- Masters degree in nursing.
- ACLS & PALS preferred by date of hire/transfer.
- Advanced clinical expertise in team and program development to include: verbal and written communication; clinical practice in relevant setting; teaching; group facilitation; program evaluation; project management individual and group skills assessment; adult learning theory and practice; computer skills and familiarity with leveraging technology for enhanced adult learning; ability to lead through influence.
Primary Location: Washington,Renton,Renton Administration – Glacier
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 04:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-WA-04|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Renton Admin Glacier – Nursing Administration – 1130
Pay Range: $100000 – $129360 / year
The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia