Long Beach, California
Job ID 2022489
MULTIPLE POSITIONS OPEN for TRANSITION of CARE COACH RN for our CALIFORNIA Health Plan. Candidates must live in the state of California for consideration in any of the following county San Diego
TOC RN will work in remote and field settings our Medicaid Population assisting with transition from inpatient admission to next steps. Excellent computer skills and attention to detail are very important to multitask between systems, talk with members on the phone, and enter accurate contact notes. This is a fast-paced position and productivity is important. Excellent skillset working with EMR’s and Microsoft Office.
Travel may be required in the future to do member visits in the surrounding areas. Travel will be within a 1- 2-hour radius in the county that you live in. A clean DMV driving record, proof of auto insurance, and reliable transportation is required. Must be able to do your own driving. Please consider this requirement before you apply to this role. Mileage reimbursement
Home office with internet connectivity of high speed required. You must provide your own home office including desk and chair.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:30AM to 5:30PM Pacific. (No Weekends No Holidays)
Molina Healthcare Services (HCS) works with members, providers and multidisciplinary team members to assess, facilitate, plan and coordinate an integrated delivery of care across the continuum, including behavioral health and long-term care, for members with high need potential. HCS staff work to ensure that patients progress toward desired outcomes with quality care that is medically appropriate and cost-effective based on the severity of illness and the site of service.
- Follows member throughout a 30-day program that starts at hospital admission and continues through transitions from the acute setting to other settings, including nursing facility placement and private home, with the goal of reduced readmissions.
- Ensures safe and appropriate transitions by collaborating with hospital discharge planners, as well as with hospitalists, outpatient providers, facility staff, and family/support network, as needed or at the request of member.
- Ensures member transitions to a setting with adequate caregiving and functional support, as well as medical and medication oversight as required.
- Works with participating ancillary providers, public agencies, or other service providers to make sure necessary services and equipment are in place for a safe transition.
- Conducts face-to-face visits of all members while in the hospital and home visits of high-risk members post-discharge.
- Coordinates care and reassesses member’s needs using the Coleman Care Transitions Model recommended post-discharge timeline.
- Educates and supports member focusing on seven primary areas (ToC Pillars): medication management, use of personal health record, follow up care, signs and symptoms of worsening condition, nutrition, functional needs and or Home and Community-based Services, and advance directives.
- Uses motivational interviewing and Molina clinical guideposts to educate, support and motivate change during member contacts.
- Assesses for barriers to care, provides care coordination and assistance to member to address concerns.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary care team meetings and informal ICT collaboration.
- RNs provide consultation, recommendations, and education as appropriate to non-RN case managers.
- RNs are assigned cases with members who have complex medical conditions and medication regimens.
- RNs will conduct medication reconciliation when needed.
- 40-50% local travel required.
Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
1-3 years hospital discharge planning or home health.
Required License, Certification, Association
- Active, unrestricted State Registered Nursing (RN) license in good standing.
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record and be able to drive within applicable state or locality with reliable transportation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
3-5 years hospital discharge planning or home health.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
Active, unrestricted Transitions of Care Sub-Specialty Certification and/or Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Pay Range: $24.00 – 46.81 per hour*
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full TimePosting Date: 09/21/2023
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia