Requisition Number: 2185441
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Atlanta, GA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As an Inpatient Care Utilization Management Nurse (Remote in CST or EST), you will be responsible for ensuring proper utilization of our health services. This means you will be tasked with assessing and interpreting member needs and identifying solutions that will help our members live healthier lives. This is an inspiring job at a truly inspired organization.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Can you feel it? Bring that energy to a role that helps us offer a higher level of care than you’ll find anywhere else. Put your skills and talents to work in an effort that is seriously shaping the way health care services are delivered.
If you are located in New Jersey, New York, or Rhode Island, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform initial and concurrent review of inpatient cases applying evidenced-based criteria (i.e. MCG / InterQual criteria)
- Discuss cases with facility healthcare professionals to obtain plans-of-care
- Collaborate with Optum Enterprise Clinical Services Medical Directors on performing utilization management
- Participation in discussions with the Clinical Services team to improve the progression of care to the most appropriate level
- Consult with the Medical Director, as needed, for complex cases and make appropriate referrals to downstream partners
- Apply clinical expertise when discussing case with internal and external Case Managers and Physicians
- Identify delays in care or services and manage with MD
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures in end-to-end management of cases
- Obtain clinical information to assess and expedite alternate levels of care
- Facilitate timely and appropriate care and effective discharge planning
- Participate in team meetings, education, discussions, and related activities
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State and accreditation organizations
- Identify opportunities for improved communication or processes
- Participate in audit activities and meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in state of residence
- 3+ years of clinical nursing experience practicing clinically (Acute Inpatient, Emergency Department, Urgent Care)
- Experience in acute inpatient setting
- Proficiency in computer skills – Windows, IM, Excel (Microsoft Suite), Outlook, clinical platforms
- Designated workspace and access to install secure high-speed internet via cable / DSL in home
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Compact license
- 1+ years of utilization review experience
- Managed Care experience
New Jersey, New York, or Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for New Jersey, New York, or Rhode Island residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia