In this LVN Care Coordinator role, will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
Candidates will need reliable transportation and the ability to travel to ‘assigned area’ to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings including community centers, hospitals, nursing facilities or providers’ offices.
This is a Field-Based Position
If you reside within a commutable distance of North Houston, TX, you will have the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan, and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs, including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
- Visit members in their homes and/or other settings including community centers, hospitals, nursing facilities or providers’ offices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted LPN/LVN license in the state of Texas
- 2+ years of clinical experience in a health care role
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (ability to create, edit, save and send documents, spreadsheets and emails)
- High speed internet in residence
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel North Houston, TX to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings including community centers, hospitals, nursing facilities or providers’ offices
- Live within commutable distance to North Houston, TX
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Field based work experience
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Bilingual skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low-income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical, and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community, and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work. (sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia