Primary Location Corona, California
Facility Corona Medical Offices
Job Number 1208133
Date posted 10/11/2023
- Exhibits excellent customer relations with patients, visitors, providers, and co-workers; shows courtesy, compassion, and respect; conforms to the critical service standards established for the department.
- Provides therapeutic patient care in accordance with the patients established by physician/advanced practice providers and/or a registered nurse within the scope of practice.
- Transcribes physician/advanced practice providers orders and directed by policy.
- Communicates directly with a registered nurse to institute changes in the plan of care; assists with and contributes to the development of a nursing care plan.
- Administer specified medication appropriately and accurately following the providers order and or standing orders within scope of practice.
- Executes treatments such as urinary catheterizations, placement of intravenous catheters, bladder irrigations and instillations, suctioning procedures, throat irrigations and enemas, and utilizing equipment as required. Adheres to infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
- Adheres to high level of disinfectant, point of use, peel packs policies, and procedures.
- Perform related patient care functions such as taking temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure readings, wound care, may instruct patient in various self-administered treatment or procedures; obtain specimens; assures correct culture collection.
- Assist physician/advance practice providers or other medical staff personnel with examinations and treatments by selecting and passing instruments, providing support and restraint to the patient, draping, and other assistance as directed or required.
- Within scope observes and documents patients condition by gathering signs, symptoms, and reactions to therapy, to identify unexpected and/or significant findings, initiates appropriate emergency procedures as necessary, and reports unusual conditions to the registered nurse/advanced practice providers as established by policy and procedure in a timely manner.
- May volunteer to start and maintain intravenous flow rate with Certifications, notifies registered nurse/advanced practice/physician of any problems. May discontinue IV therapy except intra-cath and central venous lines.
- May volunteer to start perform venipuncture/blood withdrawal with Certifications.
- Collects and processes specimens per policy, procedures, guidelines, and protocols.
- Provides non-compoicated teaching following the registered nurse/advanced practice provider/physician plan for education. Report any identified learning needs and discharge barriers.
- Ensures cleanliness of nursing module/station, patient exam room, and proper functioning of patient care equipment by visual inspection, routine testing, and other related methods. Provides a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and staff.
- Utilizes effective verbal and non-verbal forms of communication.
- Performs in other departments or modules to which assigned as required by the nursing/department administration to provide and maintain the established standards of care and safety.
- Performs departmental back-office workflows including but not limited to proactive office encounter, successfully closing care gaps, patient outreach, access and/or nurse visits.
- Participates in staff meetings, and in-service programs.
- Assists in ordering and distribution/stocking of module/department supplies and equipment.
- Accepts verbal and telephone orders from the physician/advanced practice providers.
- Supports patient communication and message management including but not limited to patient emails, call center messages, and all other back-office messages.
- Administers pulse oximetry, humidification therapy, spirometer, oxygen therapy via mask or nasal cannula, oral, nasal, and trach suctioning, and sputum induction.
- Documents care in Health Connect per policy, procedures, guidelines, and protocols.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required, including orientation of new employees.
- Assists in coordinating the discharge process.
- Performs all job functions within license certification and scope of practice.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organizations philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibilities (Kaiser Permanentes Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, accreditation, and licenser requirements (if applicable), and kaiser Permanentes policies and procedures.
- Age Related Competencies: Skills assessments and validations are utilized to ensure that employees providing patient care to specific age groups (i.e., infants, adolescents, elderly, etc.) are proficient in identifying the special needs and behaviors associated with a particular patient population.
- Minimum Twelve (12) months or greater LVN direct patient care experience within one (1) year. Direct patient care experience may include medical office, acute care, home care services, and skilled nursing facility.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support
- Extraordinary customer relations and quality service are critical to our success.
- We seek candidates who can demonstrate these skills and are dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our health plan members.
- IV Certification and Blood Withdrawal Certification preferred.
- This is a temporary position for approximately 6 months.
- Assigned remotely to support VIV/TAV/CL OBGYN Service Line.
- Schedule to include rotating weekends, holidays and floating within the established seniority section.
Primary Location: California,Corona,Corona Medical Offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B05|USW|Local 7600
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Corona MOB – Obstetrics/Gyn-Reg Clin – 0806
Pay Range: $30.81 – $33.33 / hour
The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted.
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia