Requisition Number: 2184802
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Downers Grove, IL
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Put your skills and talents to work in an effort that is seriously shaping the way health care services are delivered. As a NICU Utilization Management Nurse at UnitedHealth Group, you will make sure our health services are administered efficiently and effectively. You’ll assess and interpret member needs and identify solutions that will help our members live healthier lives. This is an inspiring job at a truly inspired organization. Ready to make an impact?
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Determine the appropriateness of inpatient services following evaluation of medical guidelines and benefit determination
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Translate concepts into practice
- Act as a resource for others; provide explanations and information on difficult issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license required in state of residence
- 3+ years of NICU Clinical experience
- Proven ability to demonstrate a proficiency in computer skills – Windows, IM, Excel (Microsoft Suite), Outlook, and clinical platforms
- Willing to work weekends and holidays on rotation
- Designated workspace and access to high-speed internet via cable/DSL in home
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Compact RN License
- Utilization Management experience
- Case Management experience
- Knowledge of InterQual Criteria
- Residence of KS, TX, IL, IN, IA, WI, NE or MO
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia