Requisition Number: 2192292
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Houston, TX
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Telephonic Nurse Case Manager works in high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive, and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. Effective computer and software navigation skills are critical. You should also be patient-focused and adaptable to changes.
The schedule is Monday through Friday and includes working until 8pm two to three evenings per week in the local time zone.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to travel to the nearest UnitedHealth Group office for meetings based on business needs.
This position will require active and unrestricted nursing licensure in multiple U.S. States. Selected candidate(s) must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure. Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Make outbound calls and receive inbound calls to assess members’ current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via on-phone and/or digital interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews, and connections to resources such as community and professional resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the state of residence
- Active, unrestricted compact nursing license
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse in a hospital, acute care, or direct care setting
- Intermediate-level proficiency with MS Office applications
- Dedicated, distraction-free workspace and access to install secure high-speed internet via cable/DSL/filger at home
- Access to reliable transportation that will allow you to travel to a UnitedHealth Group office for meetings based on business needs
- Ability to work 2-3 nights per week until 8pm in the local time zone
- Case management experience
- Experience or exposure to discharge planning
- Experience with home health or hospice
- Experience in a telephonic role
- Background in managed care
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia