Location: Remote-US, California US
Alignment Health was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Health team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
The Alignment Virtual Care Center is a collaborative approach to providing patients telehealth services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is intended to provide support for Alignment Healthcare patients by being available to address any concern at any time. This program provides patients with medical and social support through virtual visit when they need it, with the goal of preventing unnecessary hospitalizations, health complications, and unmanaged disease progression that can occur when timely clinical interventions are not provided or are not accessible. The virtual care center program is offered to eligible patients at no cost to them.
In this role, the Nurse Health Specialist provides triaging service for patients who call into the virtual care center. Expected to escalate patient calls to Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) when appropriate. Responsible for managing patient care and treatment in collaboration with the Physician and Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Answering all in bound calls into the virtual care center
- Expected to use clinical judgement to address patient concerns
- Collaborates with primary care physician, Extensivist, and Nurse Practitioner/PA, and Case Manager to develop care plan for members. For non- care anywhere patients
- Conduct outbound calls and virtual visits to complete patient follow up
- Daily review of vitals for patients enrolled in remote patient monitoring program
- Support disease management referrals
- Interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Educates members on topics such as disease process, end of life, medication, and compliance.
- Discusses case with physician/Nurse Practitioner/PA when appropriate.
- Use of Electronic Medical Records required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Minimum 1- year experience as an RN
- Requires successful completion of an accredited Nursing Program; BSN preferred, Registered Nurse, required
- Current, unrestricted license for California, Nevada, and North Carolina
- Must have CPR certification
- Experience in gerontology, adult care, preferred
- Experience in palliative/hospice and complex care management, preferred
- Experience in Home Health including wound care, preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare Managed Care Plans, preferred
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills with seniors
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- EMR experience is strongly preferred
- Bilingual skills valued (Spanish preferred)
- Must be flexible with schedule as position is active 24 hours 7 days a week This includes alternative shifts such as day, evening, or overnight, weekends, and holiday coverage. Shifts can be scheduled over 8 or 10 hours.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Alignment requires all new hires to follow local and/or state requirements regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. If applicable, proof of vaccination and booster will be required as a condition of employment subject to legal exemptions. This policy, which Alignment reserves the right to modify, is part of Alignment’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and community and to support public health efforts.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Rate: $76,000.00 – $95,000.00 – $114,000.00 Annually
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia