At Devoted Health, we’re on a mission to dramatically improve the health and well-being of older Americans by caring for every person like family. That’s why we’re gathering smart, diverse, and big-hearted people to create a new kind of all-in-one healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, service, and technology – to deliver a complete and integrated healthcare solution that delivers high quality care that everyone would want for someone they love. Founded in 2017, we’ve grown fast and now serve members across the United States. And we’ve just started. So join us on this mission!
A bit more about this role:
This position represents an amazing opportunity for a caring Nurse Practitioner (APRN) to help build and staff our growing telehealth medical group called Devoted Medical. Your primary focus will be delivering world class acute care to our members with emergent/critical illness. The Care OnDemand Nurse Practitioner will diagnose complex medical conditions, order and interpret diagnostic tests, and work with patients, families, and Care OnDemand team to establish care plans. One of Devoted Medical’s missions is to bring care to where our members live meaning your visits will be virtual telehealth care. On a day-to-day basis you will work closely with co-clinicians at Devoted Medical including physicians and APRNs as well as medical assistants, documentation experts, amazing practice administrators, and our close social work and clinical nurse partners at Devoted Health Plan.
Responsibilities will include:
- Primarily perform Care OnDemand (acute care) visits including evaluating and diagnosing acute illnesses, ordering/interpreting diagnostic testing, establishing care plans including prescribing appropriate medications, and assessment for quality of care (Stars/Hedis) interventions as well as social and home health/DME needs.
- Work closely with other members of the member’s care team including their PCP, specialists, and other Devoted team members including pharmacy, clinical nursing, and social work as well as interfacing with family members and caregivers in order to coordinate care for the member and deliver a collaborative care plan.
- Utilize our home grown electronic health information system for visits while also providing feedback on how to improve the interface.
- In certain geographies, there will be a weekend on-call component to support our clinical nurses who triage calls from our members during the weekend.
Attributes to success:
- Skilled nurse practitioner with comprehensive knowledge of acute conditions, diagnostics, and treatments.
- Adept ordering of appropriate diagnostic testing , quality of care interventions, and completing a comprehensive diagnosis review.
- You have great clinical and non-clinical judgment.
- You are thorough and take the time to address the needs of your patients.
- You are deeply empathetic and humanistic, and want to go the last mile for your patients.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy, organization. Agility and collaboration are key as we will change and improve quickly.
- You welcome learning and using new technologies that are being developed in parallel. You thrive on knowing your work can help make these technologies better for you and your patients.
- You learn from every experience and are not afraid to fail – that’s how you’re wired.
- Finally and most importantly, you have a passion for making healthcare better, solving complex problems, and supporting the delivery of healthcare that we would want for our own family members.
Desired skills and experience:
- Role licensure and certification in good standing is required in Arizona, Illinois, Ohio, Texas, or Florida and the ability to get licensed in requested states within 90 days of hire date. You will be required to get licensed in additional states as needed.
- RN and APRN licenses are active and in good standing
- Active BLS certification
- Experience in primary care, internal medicine, urgent care, emergency room, and/or geriatrics.
- Experience performing visits over telehealth video platforms.
- Experience in managing acute/chronic disease exacerbations including CHF exacerbations, diabetic emergencies, COPD exacerbations and hypertensive emergencies.
- A strong desire to continue practicing acute care – you believe in the mission of bringing care to where the patient lives.
Salary range: $110 – 125K annually
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- Employer sponsored health, dental and vision plan with low or no premium
- Generous paid time off
- $100 monthly mobile or internet stipend
- Stock options for all employees
- Bonus or commission eligibility for all roles
- Parental leave program
- 401K program
- And more….
*Our total rewards package is for full time employees only. Intern and Contract positions are not eligible.
The salary and/or hourly range listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, budget and internal equity).
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia