Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States of America
Category Patient Care & Pharmacy
Posted Date: 08/13/2023
Job Id 23014758
Nurse Practitioner – Evernorth Direct Health – Glen Burnie MD
Evernorth Direct Health is an industry leading business providing custom care delivery and wellness services across four key business lines: Wellness Centers, Health Coaching, Wellness Events and COVID 19 solutions.
Our Wellness Centers offer services ranging from acute care to primary care, as well as customized services such as pharmacy and physical therapy, at or near the worksite. Our connected care approach enables clinicians to deliver holistic support specific to each person’s needs for better health outcomes and reduced medical costs for both employees and organizations.
Sound like you? Great! Here’s more on how you’ll make a difference:
- Provide Primary Care treatment in an Employer-based setting
- Episodic care (low acuity Urgent Care)
- Extended Episodic Acute Care which can include 4-5 visits for an illness or injury that is limited in its chronicity
- Chronic condition education and co-management with outside primary care if we are not the PCP
- Ability to oversee and perform CLIA waived tests, dispense Rx medications, and oversee a specimen collection lab
- Collaboration with onsite employees to provide biometric screening and health and wellness education
- Potential for Travel Medicine recommendation and immunizations or administration of allergen immunotherapy (with proper training)
- Direct one on one health coaching to employees along with referring patients into wellness programs
- Demonstrated ability to work well with and manage members of the health care team (MA, LPN)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including internal and external customers and group settings
- Ability to partner with local HR/Benefits team to improve employee health
What we expect from you:
- Graduate of Certified NP program
- Active and unrestricted NP license required in respective state
- Minimum of 3 or more years of NP experience, working independently in an internal medicine or family practice setting
- Ability to practice independently in respective state
- DEA licensure and prescriptive authority
- Electronic Health Record experience
- BLS certification
Bonus points for:
- Chronic Disease Management experience
- Passionate about overall health and wellness and patient education
- High energy and strong customer-centric focus
This is a hybrid role which will support the healthcare needs onsite in Glen Burnie MD, as well as remotely from home periodically.
Target start date: November 6th, 2023.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
About Evernorth Health Services
Evernorth Health Services, a division of The Cigna Group, creates pharmacy, care and benefit solutions to improve health and increase vitality. We relentlessly innovate to make the prediction, prevention and treatment of illness and disease more accessible to millions of people. Join us in driving growth and improving lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
The Cigna Group has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia