Requisition Number: 2180686
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Health Services RN position is in a Managed Services Organization (does not reside on Client/Practice site). The RN telephonically assists and guides patients towards self-management and behavior modifications that result in improved patient outcomes. The RN is the primary point of contact, coordinating with schedulers, pharmacists, providers of medical and behavioral health care and social services. Success is measured in terms of improved patient outcomes, prevention of patient adverse events and unnecessary inpatient readmissions, satisfied customers, meeting or exceeding quality measures, producing consistent and high quality work and collaboration with other care team members.
Our ideal candidate is an experience nurse, able to perform tasks independently and once trained, without significant guidance.
Hours: 9 AM – 5:30 PM Monday – Friday Hours (EST)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Telephonic nurse triage services
- Provide education to patients, deploying best practices and standard workflow in their daily activities
- Apply their expertise across the various areas of responsibility, understand how their interactions with patients affect customer satisfaction and is able to make recommendations to improve processes
- Apply established protocols, criteria and contract guidelines
- Coordination of the team approach to management of patient care
- Analyze, investigate and resolve individual care quality, coordination of care, service and access issues
- Contact patients and providers regarding clinical needs for continuity of care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- PA RN License
- 2+ Years of relevant work experience, in related clinical, managed healthcare or healthcare setting
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior level clients, and high level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of healthcare, government and insurance industry trends
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia