Grand Rapids, MI
**This position is a casual and not benefit eligible**
- Functions in the role of advanced practitioner to coordinate comprehensive care delivery. Writes orders/prescriptions for standard formulary medications, laboratory, radiographic studies and consultations, coordinating the scheduling of admissions, diagnostic evaluations, follow-up exams, laboratory tests, referrals to home care, social services, and other community agencies, etc., in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services. Obtains histories and performs physical exams.
- Assesses the patient’s/significant other’s, health care team’s, school’s and other community educational needs and develops, implements, evaluates and revises teaching strategies/educational programs related to area of specialty.
- Ensures that operations are in compliance with professional standards, applicable laws, accreditation, compliance/regulatory requirements and that organizational goals are being followed. Practices in accordance with the Michigan Public Health Code.
- Delivers care in a manner that is culturally sensitive and preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights. Acts as a patient advocate, crossing multidisciplinary lines to meet patient needs
- Communicates, collaborates, networks with and acts as a consultant to other members of the health care team within and outside Spectrum Health. Acts as a consult in area of expertise.
- Performs and assists with designated procedures.
- Documents in the medical record and dictates information as appropriate.
- Provides input into the strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of service/program. Measures the outcomes of care and evaluate services across the continuum of inpatient to outpatient services. Makes recommendations to improve the quality of patient care provided and utilizes the scientific method to research clinical problems.
- Required Master’s Degree Nurse Practitioners who obtained their education and certification after 2000 must show evidence of completion of a master’s, post-master’s or doctorate from a Nurse Practitioner program that is accredited by the Commission on the Collegiate of Nursing Education or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- 3 years of relevant experience current, relevant clinical experience Required
- Previous experience functioning in a collaborative role Required
- Experience as a Nurse Practictioner Preferred
- LIC-Registered Nurse (RN) – STATE_MI State of Michigan Upon Hire required
- LIC-Nurse Practitioner (NP) – STATE_MI State of Michigan Upon Hire required
- CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) – AHA American Heart Association 90 Days required Or
- CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) – ARC American Red Cross 90 Days required
- CRT-Adv Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – AHA American Heart Association 120 Days required
- CRT-Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) – AHA American Heart Association Upon Hire required
- Pallet to Waist (6″ from floor) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 50 lbs
- Waist to Waist > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 50 lbs
- Waist to Chest (below shoulder) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
- Waist to Overhead > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 5 lbs
- Bilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 25 lbs
- Unilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
- Pushing Force > 5 lbs: Occasionally up to 25 lbs
- Pulling Force > 5 lbs: Occasionally up to 20 lbs
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Forward Bend – Standing: Occasionally
- Forward Bend – Sitting: Occasionally
- Trunk Rotation – Standing: Occasionally
- Trunk Rotation – Sitting: Occasionally
- Squat: Seldom
- Stair Climbing: Seldom
- Crawling / Kneeling: Seldom
- Reach – Above Shoulder: Occasionally
- Reach – at Shoulder or Below: Occasionally
- Handling: Occasionally
- Forceful Grip > 5 lbs: Occasionally
- Forceful Pinch > 2 lbs: Occasionally
- Finger/Hand Dexterity: Frequently
- Visual Acuity ¹
[None = No; Seldom = Yes]: Seldom
SITE – 515 Michigan St NE – Grand Rapids
Virtual Urgent Care – CHMG West
Variable (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
CURRENT COREWELL HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Corewell Health team members only.
Corewell Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors and community. That is why we require a drug-free workplace and various vaccinations as a requirement for employment.
Corewell Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We invite those that share in our commitment to join our team.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request assistance in completing the application process by calling 616.486.7447. We are committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia