Requisition Number: 2189458
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Integrated Care Team leverages a cross-functional approach, supporting the member end to end, with close collaboration and co-management. Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed; is able to work with less structured and more complex issues.
The Prior Authorization RN will manage the full array of health care services, spanning both outpatient and Inpatient settings and with support from some specialized clinical teams, serves as a resource to others.
This new cross-functional collaboration provides an opportunity to deliver the next generation clinical model, integrating services from precertification, inpatient concurrent review, post-acute review, discharge planning, medical and behavioral care management and prevention to improve quality of care and patient outcomes. Candidates for this position would be required to support cross-training to multiple roles: Prior Authorization (PA), Post-Acute Care Management (PACM), Inpatient Care Management (ICM) and Discharge Care Management (DCM) to support fluctuating inventory within the Integrated Care Team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform initial and ongoing reviews pertaining to primary role (PA, ICM, DMC, PACM), appropriately applying clinical criteria (InterQual, policies, National and Local Coverage Determinations) for approval and sending to Medical Directors if review is necessary for determining an adverse determination
- Collaborate with Medical Directors, clinical peers and Health Plan partners on performing appropriate clinical decision making and/or referrals
- Apply clinical expertise when discussing case with internal and external Case Managers and Physicians
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures in end-to-end management of cases
- Participate in team meetings, education discussions and related activities
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State and accreditation organizations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A current, unrestricted RN license in State of residency
- 3+ years of RN experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to work Saturdays on a rotating schedule
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or a Master of Science degree in Nursing
- Compact RN License
- State of Washington RN License
- 2+ years of Case Management experience
- Clinical experience in an inpatient/acute setting, long-term care, acute rehabilitation, or skilled nursing facilities
- Experience performing Discharge Planning
- Utilization Review experience
- Experience with InterQual
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia