Category Patient Care & Pharmacy
Posted Date: 09/26/2023
Job Id 23015123
The position is full-time and 40 hours a week. The shift will be 10-hour shifts between the hours of 2PM and 2AM EST. Shifts will be either 2PM-12AM EST or 4PM-2AM EST. Scheduled weekdays vary and must be able to do rotating weekends (Sat.-Sun.)
The RN Clinical Staff Member is part of the telehealth clinical team, which is devoted to the delivery care services in an online and fast-paced setting. The RN supports MDLIVE providers and clinical operations. Strong telephone triage, assessment, communication skills, and computer skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilize current evidence-based nursing practices and guidelines.
- Apply the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to professional practice.
- Support the clinical and administrative operations of telehealth across practice settings.
- Utilize MDLIVE technology and platforms in the delivery of patient care.
- Triage and assess patient for telehealth appropriateness.
- Serve as a liaison between patient and provider. Address any questions or concerns post-consultation.
- Resolve any pharmacy and/or medication issues in conjunction with provider order.
- Document, update, and maintain the patient medical record.
- Identify and report patient safety and quality issues.
- Act as an advocate for the patient.
- Support the promotion of optimal health outcomes.
- Educate patient on the provider’s plan of care.
- Deescalate calls to a reasonable outcome for all parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Critical thinking and data synthesis.
- Triage and assessment skills.
- Knowledge of Primary Care, Urgent Care, and ER settings.
- Effective communication skills over various mediums.
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with that encompass cultural, ethical, economic and access to health care resource understanding when interacting with the patient.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and e-prescribe.
- Maintain competencies for telehealth nursing.
- Demonstrates proficiency with the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be able to obtain a RN license in all 50 U.S. states and territories.
- Requires an Unencumbered RN Compact Nursing license
- Must also qualify and be able to obtain an RN licensure in all US states and territories.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in Urgent Care, Primary Care, or ER setting. One year of experience may be substituted with call center experience
- Requires intermediate to advanced computer proficiency
- Requires high-speed broadband wired internet and a private and confidential space in your home for an office space
- The position is full-time and 40 hours a week. The shift will be 10-hour shifts between the hours of 2PM and 2AM EST. Shifts will be either 2PM-12AM EST or 4PM-2AM EST. Scheduled weekdays vary and must be able to do rotating weekends (Sat.-Sun.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, or sit; use a keyboard and computer mouse; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, bend talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions..
Security Roles and Responsibilities
MDLIVE employees may have access to Protected Health Information and/or Personally Identifiable Information that is subject to privacy regulations by state and federal statutes. All employees must comply with all applicable regulations and all MDLIVE policies and procedures for the security and privacy of such information.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an hourly rate of 27 – 42 USD / hourly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit Life at Cigna Group.
About Evernorth Health Services
Evernorth Health Services, a division of The Cigna Group, creates pharmacy, care and benefit solutions to improve health and increase vitality. We relentlessly innovate to make the prediction, prevention and treatment of illness and disease more accessible to millions of people. Join us in driving growth and improving lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
The Cigna Group has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia