Requisition Number: 2182869
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Lake Katrine, NY
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com/tri.
At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients…to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal – physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel. The commitment to deliver services that revolve around our patients is central to our care practices and philosophies. Integrated care teams focus their efforts to ensure that evidence-based, patient-centered approaches are consistently implemented to maximize patient health, self-efficacy, and self-management.
The Registered Nurse or RN provides professional nursing care to patients/significant others via direct and/or telephone contact, following established standards and practices. S/he coordinates with other members of the care team to ensure seamless care delivery, maximal coordination of efforts, and active patient participation in planning and care. Assists physician or other provider with clinical procedures, performs telephone triage as needed, and participates in patient teaching.
Provides Direction To: Licensed Practical Nurses, clerical assistants, medical assistants, and other non-licensed personnel.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday 8am – 8pm EST
- Provides care in the individual and group setting
- Works with primary care providers throughout the organization to provide education and monitoring services for all referred patients
- Works closely with the staff and providers to identify patients that require education and monitoring services
- Manages a caseload of patients independently
- Assesses patients for their learning needs, follows them appropriately and documents in the patient electronic medical record
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the area of care
- Provides staff education for nurses or others at various sites as requested
- Collaborates with the practice manager in relation to time utilization and program development
- Utilizes the curriculum developed for the care of patients
- Provides professional and courteous care to patients
- Provides support, teaching and ongoing management services to patients
- Provides self-management education in both group and individual visits
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Active and unencumbered RN license for the state of New York
- Active and unencumbered RN license in the state of residence
- 1+ years of experience as a registered nurse or 2+ years as a licensed practical nurse in a pertinent practice area
- 2+ years of recent pertinent professional nursing experience in a hospital, medical office, or other clinical setting
- Epic Computer Experience
- Experience working in pediatrics
- Knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records
- Proven excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia