Location: Tampa, FL
Location Type: Tampa – Remote
Additional Location: AL; AZ; CO; DE; GA; ID; IN; IA; KS; KY; LA; ME; MD; MS; MT; NE; NH; NJ; NM; NC; ND; OH; OK; SC; SD; TN; TX; UT; VT; VA; WI;
The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member’s physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations.
The first 4 weeks of training will be from 8:30AM to 5:00PM EST. No time off is permitted during the first month of training. Following training, the start time is 10:00AM EST.
Our nurses are titled Care Managers, because our case management services are centered on the person rather than the condition. We contact members with multiple chronic conditions as well as financial and functional barriers in order to assist them in achieving and maintaining optimum health. We provide telephonic outreach to assess and support their health, offering education, identifying resources, and helping remove barriers to achieving health and independence, while using a multidisciplinary team.
This position will be part of our Special Needs Program (SNP) team. All of our SNP RN Care Managers are work at home associates, working from a dedicated home office space. Work at home care managers are responsible for meeting quality and productivity measures daily and maintaining working home internet at all time with demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a very compliance driven and highly visible program at Humana. The nature of the work requires telephonic interaction with members during the majority of the business day, primarily through an auto dialer system. Environment is fast paced and requires ability to engage quickly with member while concurrently navigating multiple computer applications. Due to the auto dialer process and compliance needs of the business there is limited day to day flexibility in care manager’s schedule.
- Telephonically assess Medicare, Medicaid, and/or and Group Account members and create actionable and measurable care plans to help guide and track the members’ progress toward goals
- Use nursing judgment to assess and coordinate care for acute situations (APS, EMS)
- Discuss transitions of care to assist with safe discharge to the home and coordinate care for DME, home health, provider appointments, etc.
- Guide members and their families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members
- Assess member’s physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues and work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, such as social workers, dietitians, pharmacists, etc., employing a variety of strategies/techniques to manage appropriately and provide timely intervention
Click here to learn about a “Day in the Life” of our remote RN Care Managers.
This is a remote position
- Active Registered Nurse (R.N.) license with no disciplinary action.
- Hold an active Compact nursing license and reside in the state that holds your compact license.
- The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) developed the Nursing Licensure Compact (NLC), which is an agreement between states that allows nurses to have one license and the ability to practice in all the states that participate in the program. License must be current with no disciplinary action.
- Minimum education of an Associates degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing experience as a RN.
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and expertise as evidenced by providing intervention to manage variety chronic conditions, including development and implementation of individualized care planning.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills as evidenced by ability to navigate multiple systems, utilizing dual computer monitors.
- Provide autonomous decision-making, troubleshooting and problem solving related to periodic system issues.
- Experience with Microsoft and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate software programs and applications.
- Capacity to manage multiple or competing priorities including use of multiple computer applications simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective problem solving and appropriate application of clinical knowledge
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home-office to ensure you and your members have absolute and continuous privacy while you work.
- Must possess advanced telephonic and virtual communication skills.
- BSN or MSN degree in nursing or equivalent
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- Previous adult chronic conditions care management
- Previous experience in care management including knowledge of complex care management and care management principles
- Experience with motivational interviewing
- Experience with MCG or CMS guidelines, assessment and documentation practice
- Individual licenses in non-compact states
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Additional Information – How we Value You
• Benefits starting day 1 of employment
• Competitive 401k match
• Generous Paid Time Off accrual
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Parent Leave
• Go365 perks for well-being
Scheduled Weekly Hours
The compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$69,800 – $96,200 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of Benefits
Humana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia