Location: Louisville, KY
Location Type: Louisville – Remote
Additional Location: AL; AZ; AR; CO; DE; FL; GA; ID; IN; IA; KS; LA; ME; MD; MS; MO; MT; NE; NH; NJ; NM; NC; ND; OH; OK; PA; SC; SD; TN; TX; UT; VT; VA; WA; WV; WI; WY;
The Intern – Care Manager, Registered Nurse, RN performs varied activities moderately complex administrative/operational/member support and semi-routine assignments to support the HomeOps team.
The Intern – Care Manager, Registered Nurse, RN, will utilize HomeOps training and engage formerly acquired skillsets to assess and evaluate members’ needs and determine necessities to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness. Work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The first 4 weeks of training will be from 8:30AM to 5:00PM Eastern. No time off is permitted during the first month of training. Following training, the start time is 9:00 AM Eastern.
Our nurses are titled Care Managers, because our case management services are centered on the person rather than the condition. We contact members with multiple chronic conditions as well as financial and functional barriers in order to assist them in achieving and maintaining optimum health. We provide telephonic outreach to assess and support their health, offering education, identifying resources, and helping remove barriers to achieving health and independence, while using a multidisciplinary team.
This position will be part of our Special Needs Program (SNP) team. All of our SNP RN Care Managers are work at home associates, working from a dedicated home office space. Work at home care managers are responsible for meeting quality and productivity measures daily and maintaining working home internet at all times with demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a very compliance driven and highly visible program at Humana. The nature of the work requires telephonic interaction with members during the majority of the business day, primarily through an auto dialer system. Environment is fast paced and requires ability to engage quickly with member while concurrently navigating multiple computer applications. Due to the auto dialer process and compliance needs of the business there is limited day to day flexibility in care manager’s schedule.
- Telephonically assess Medicare, Medicaid, and/or and Group Account members and create actionable and measurable care plans to help guide and track the members’ progress toward goals.
- Use nursing judgment to assess and coordinate care for acute situations (APS, EMS)
- Discuss transitions of care to assist with safe discharge to the home and coordinate care for DME, home health, provider appointments, etc.
- Guide members and their families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members
- Assess member’s physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues and work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, such as social workers, dietitians, pharmacists, etc., employing a variety of strategies/techniques to manage appropriately and provide timely intervention
Click here to learn about a “Day in the Life” of our remote RN Care Managers.
- Transitioning Service Member eligible to participate in SkillBridge Internship or Military Spouse eligible to participate in a Military Spouse Fellowship must meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold an active compact Registered Nurse, RN, license and reside in the state that holds your compact license without disciplinary action. (The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) developed the Nursing Licensure Compact (NLC), which is an agreement between states that allows nurses to have one license and the ability to practice in all the states that participate in the program.)
- Hold an active compact Registered Nurse, RN, license and are an active-duty service member claiming residence home of record under the Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act, SCRA, in a compact state, or a military spouse of an active-duty service member eligible participating in the Military Spouse Residency Relief Act, MSRRA, with an active compact license in the state of claimed residence without disciplinary action. (Military Spouse Residency Relief Act, MSRRA, is an amendment to the Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act, SCRA, that allows military spouses to maintain legal residence in the state where they lived before a permanent change of station move with their active-duty service member. Military Spouse Residency Relief Act)
- Hold an active individual license in a compact state with eligibility to obtain a compact license without disciplinary action.
Must meet all of the following requirements:
- Associate’s degree in nursing
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing experience with the ability to demonstrate clinical knowledge and expertise as evidenced by providing examples of intervention to manage variety chronic conditions, including development and implementation of individualized care planning.
- Effective problem solving and appropriate application of clinical knowledge
- Intermediate or Advanced with MS Office, Shared Systems, such as utilizing dual monitors, troubleshoot and resolve basic remote internet technical issues.
- Provide autonomous decision-making, troubleshooting and problem solving related to periodic system issues.
- Capacity to manage multiple or competing priorities including use of multiple computer applications simultaneously.
- Must possess advanced telephonic, virtual communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home-office to ensure you and your members have absolute and continuous privacy while you work
Additional Requirements / Adherence
Workstyle: Remote Work at Home
Training Schedule: No time off is permitted the first month of training
- First 4 weeks of training: 8:30AM – 5:00PM Eastern
- 5th week work schedule: 9:00AM – 5:30 PM Eastern
- Voluntary overtime upon business approval
- Typically, no rotating holidays or weekends.
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
- BSN or MSN degree in nursing or equivalent
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- Previous adult chronic conditions care management
- Previous experience in care management including knowledge of complex care management and care management principles
- Experience with motivational interviewing
- Experience with MCG or CMS guidelines, assessment and documentation practice
- Individual licenses in non-compact states
Interview Format As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting screening and interviewing technology called Modern Hire to
enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. We use this technology to gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
You will be able to respond to the recruiters preferred response method via text, video or voice technologies. If you are selected for a screen, you may receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate. You should anticipate this screen to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded screen will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
The compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$31,200 – $85,100 per year
Description of Benefits
Humana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers benefits for limited term, variable schedule and per diem associates which are designed to support whole-person well-being. Among these benefits, Humana provides paid time off, 401(k) retirement savings plan, employee assistance program, business travel and accident.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia