Requisition Number: 2186987
Job Category: Medical & Clinical Operations
Primary Location: Hilo, HI
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities, and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable, and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it’s all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you’ll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you’ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
In this Health and Social Services Coordinator role, will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in or near Hilo, Hawaii, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. Please note that this is a work from home opportunity, but you need to live in or near Hilo. Local travel is required up to 75% of the time.
- Assess, plan, and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
Once appropriate to go back into the field, expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Hawaii
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Intermediate experience working with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Current access or ability to obtain internet access via a landline
- Ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals, or providers offices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- CCM (Certified Case Manager)
- Experience working directly or collaborating services for long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Case Management experience
- Experience/exposure with discharge planning
- Experience with utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Field based work experience
- Experience as a Public Health Nurse
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Background in mental health or experience working with serious mental illness
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia