Requisition Number: 2190331
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Atlanta, GA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Senior Case Manager in our Atlanta office, you will assist with escalated cases and internal/external vendor interface, participate in customer calls and meetings as required; coach staff on team, complete quality case and call audits; conduct phone calls to consumers if needed to achieve the team outreach goals or coverage for case managers.
Must be interested in career path as a Clinical Manager. Position will also review patient status over the phone while ensuring they are receiving the best care.
If you are located and have license within the state of Georgia, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a mentor and coach to staff case managers
- Handle escalated cases from team
- Interact directly with vendors and account management
- Make outbound calls to assess members’ current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Interact with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinate care for members
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Coordinate services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educate members on disease processes
- Encourage members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Document and tracking findings
- Make post-discharge calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Georgia
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensures as needed
- Ability to obtain CCM within 24 months of assuming role
- 3+ years of RN experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience
- 1+ years of leadership background experience
- 1+ years of experience as a Case Manager in a managed care setting
- Computer proficiency, to include solid data entry skills and the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- BSN or Master’s degree
- Disease management experience
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning
- Medical / Surgical, Home Health, Diabetes or Cardiac experience (certification in one of those specialties)
- Background in managed care
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) skills
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia