Requisition Number: 2172514
Job Category: Medical & Clinical Operations
Primary Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Senior Clinical Consultant works with the sales and account management team and other business SME’s to develop and execute client specific strategies across the Decision Support client base. The person in this role is expected to leverage strong clinical, analytical and industry knowledge to build relationships with senior executives and operational leaders to better understand areas of focus and investment, as well as to determine better mechanisms to leverage decision management solutions. Responsibilities include support of sales/account management pre-and-post sales needs, creation of value through the consultative delivery of advisory services with specific client assignments to support value-based activities. This role also supports various Decision support product implementations from a clinical consulting perspective.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist sales in consultative discussions and product demonstrations in defined strategic or top tier accounts, as well as product offerings that are require specialized support in the sales process
- Supports development of or provides input into sales collateral creation, conducts product/solution demonstrations and presentations to customer executives to validate potential ROI opportunities, and review of applicable clinical workflows
- Leads clinical reviews of solution blueprints to validate design and workflow impact
- Supports the validation of the client’s business problem and engages in the Sales process, with the ability to competently speak to, discuss, and demonstrate all areas of the portfolio
- Maintains domain and product functionality expertise by working with the clinical, services, and product teams; can train others in the same capacity
- Key senior clinical resource responsible for the development, completion and presentation of consulting deliverables and the procedural plan required to meet established customer expectations for assigned clients
- May be responsible for both immediate solution recommendations as well as longer term solution “roadmap” recommendations for each assigned client. Enlists and collaborates with CHC resources to ensure successful delivery. Must be able to define customer value parameters.
- Assesses client risks and involves appropriate business SME’s as appropriate for clearly defined activities
- Leads efforts to ensure assigned clients have a full understanding of our portfolio and workflow and value is maximized
- Partners with the analytics lead on value analysis and shares results and findings with internal staff and customers as warranted
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered nurse with 10+ years of relevant industry experience in care management, utilization management and consulting
- Executive presence, solid communication skills, and experience building relations with clinical and non-clinical personnel, to include C Suite Executives
- Microsoft Office experience including Excel to build business cases, value models and support consultative efforts
- Experience in InterQual, MCG or Xsolis content subject matter expert
- Solid knowledge in case/care management workflows and denials
- Knowledge of healthcare industry, including the markets and trends that influence payer and/or provider strategic and purchasing activity
- Proven analytic skills required to support consultative data analysis and solution optimization opportunities
- Willing or ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of technical application implementation practice in the health care payer/ provider industry
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia