Requisition Number: 2192341
Job Category: Medical & Clinical Operations
Primary Location: Waco, TX
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our naviHealth product, we help change the way health care is delivered from hospital to home supporting patients transitioning across care settings. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator (SICC) plays an integral role in optimizing patients’ recovery journeys. The SICC completes weekly functional assessments and engages the PAC inter-disciplinary care team providing them with the proprietary nH Outcome tool to align expectations for discharge planning. The position engages patients and families to share information and facilitate informed decisions. By serving as the link between patients and the appropriate health care personnel, the SICC is responsible for ensuring efficient, smooth, and prompt transitions of care.
At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care. naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time. Moreover, have a genuine passion and energy to grow within an aggressive and fun environment, using the latest technologies in alignment with the company’s technical vision and strategy.
If you are located in Waco, Texas, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) assessments on patients using clinical skills and appropriate measurement tools, such as nH Predict, nH Outcome, InterQual and CMS criteria, upon admission to SNF and periodically through the patient stays
- Review targets for Length of Stay (LOS), target outcomes, and discharge plans with providers and families
- Complete all SNF concurrent reviews, updating authorizations on a timely basis
- Collaborate effectively with the patients’ health care teams to establish an optimal discharge. The health care team includes physicians, referral coordinators, discharge planners, social workers, physical therapists, etc.
- Assure patients’ progress toward discharge goals and assist in resolving barriers
- Participate weekly in SNF Rounds providing accurate and up to date information to the naviHealth Sr. Manager or Medical Director
- Assure appropriate referrals are made to the Health Plan, High-Risk Case Manager, and/or community-based services
- Engage with patients, families, or caregivers either telephonically or on-site weekly and as needed
- Attend patient/family care conferences
- Assess and monitor patients’ continued appropriateness for SNF setting (as indicated) according to InterQual criteria or the nH Outcome
- When naviHealth is delegated for utilization management, review referral requests that cannot be approved for continued stay and are forward to licensed physicians for review and issuance of the NOMNC when appropriate
- Coordinate peer to peer reviews with naviHealth Medical Directors
- Support new delegated contract start-up to ensure experienced staff work with new contract
- Manage assigned caseload in an efficiently and effectively utilizing time management skills
- Enter timely and accurate documentation into the CM Tool application
- Daily review of census and identification of barriers to managing independent workload and ability to assist others
- Review monthly dashboards, readmission reports, quarterly, and other reports with the assigned Clinical Team Manager, as needed, to assist with the identification of opportunities for improvement
- Adhere to organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of all PHI information in compliance with HIPPA, federal and state regulations, and laws
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Monday through Friday position . This role will require site visits up to twice a week.
- Active, unrestricted TX registered clinical license – Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist
- 3+ years of clinical experience
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel and Word
- 2+ years of Case Management experience
- Experience working with geriatric population
- Patient education background, rehabilitation, and/or home health nursing experience
- Proven ability to be detail-oriented
- Proven ability to be a team player
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven solid problem solving, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills
- Proven independent problem identification/resolution and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to establish a home office workspace
- Ability to manipulate laptop computer (or similar hardware) between office and site settings
- Ability to view screen and enter data into a laptop computer (or similar hardware) within a standard period of time
- Ability to communicate with clients and team members including use of cellular phone or comparable communication device
- Ability to remain stationary for extended time periods (1 – 2 hours)
- Ability to mobilize to and within sites within an assigned local or regional market/area, including car transport, up to 85% of the time
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia