Des Moines, Iowa
Job ID 2021359
Molina’s Quality Improvement Sr. Abstractor conducts data collection and abstraction of medical records for HEDIS projects, HEDIS like projects and supplemental data collection. The abstraction team will meet chart abstraction productivity standards as well as minimum over read standards. Sr. Abstractors will also provide mentoring to entry level abstractors.
- Performs the coordination and preparation of the HEDIS medical record review which includes ongoing review of records submitted by providers and the annual HEDIS medical record review.
- Participates in meetings with vendors for the medical record collection process.
- As needed, may collects medical records and reports from provider offices, loads data into the HEDIS application, and compares the documentation in the medical record to specifications to determine if preventive and diagnostic services have been correctly performed.
- Participates in scheduled meetings with the National Over read team, National Training Team, Regional HEDIS team, vendors and HEDIS auditors regarding quality and HEDIS review and results.
- Assists with projects and process improvement initiatives
- Mentors entry level Abstractors
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3 years experience in healthcare Quality/HEDIS specific to medical record review and abstraction
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of HEDIS projects
- At least 3 years of medical record abstraction experience
- 3+ years managed care experience.
- Advanced knowledge of HEDIS and NCQA
PREFERRED LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, ASSOCIATION:
Active RN license for the State(s) of employment
Pay Range: $21.82 – $42.55
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full TimePosting Date: 07/17/2023
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia