Job ID 2021303
JOB TITLE: Sr. Specialist, Quality Improvement RN (REGISTERED NURSE)
For this position we prefer someone with 5 – 7 years clinical experience, and must have prior quality of care investigations in a managed care setting. It will be very important to have excellent professional writing skills, and solid critical thinking skills. Must have RN licensure, unrestricted.
WORK SCHEDULE: Normal business hours in your local time zone ( 8:00AM to 5:00PM) availability to flex to accomodate projects / meetings in other time zones. Some holidays and weekends may be required. Please consider these parameters before applying to this position.
This is a remote based position and you can work from home.
Molina’s Quality Improvement function oversees, plans, and implements new and existing healthcare quality improvement initiatives and education programs; ensures maintenance of programs for members in accordance with prescribed quality standards; conducts data collection, reporting and monitoring for key performance measurement activities; and provides direction and implementation of NCQA accreditation surveys and federal/state QI compliance activities.
The Senior Specialist, Quality Improvement (Registered Nurse) contributes to one or more of these quality improvements functions: Quality Interventions, Quality Improvement Compliance, HEDIS, and / or Quality Reporting.
Quality Intervention / QI Compliance
- Acts as a lead specialist to provide project-, program-, and / or initiative-related direction and guidance for other specialists within the department and/or collaboratively with other departments.
- Implements key quality strategies that require a component of near real-time clinical decision-making. These activities may include initiation and management of interventions (e.g., removing barriers to care); preparation for Quality Improvement Compliance surveys; preparation and review of potential quality of care and critical incident cases; review of medical record documentation for credentialing and model of care oversight; and any other federal and state required quality activities.
- Monitors and ensures that key quality activities that involve clinical decision-making are completed on time and accurately in order to present results to key departmental management and other Molina departments as needed.
- Writes narrative reports to interpret regulatory specifications, explain programs and results of programs, and document findings and limitations of department interventions.
- Creates, manages, and/or compiles the required documentation to maintain critical quality improvement functions that have a component of clinical decision-making.
- Leads quality improvement activities, meetings, and discussions with and between other departments within the organization. Often the Senior Specialist will be assigned activities where clinical expertise is important to the activity.
- Surfaces to Manager and Director any gaps in processes that may require remediation. In particular, the Senior Specialist may be asked to focus on parts of the process where a clinician’s perspective would be valuable to uncover process gaps or limitations.
HEDIS / Quality Reporting
- Performs the lead role in the coordination and preparation of the HEDIS medical record review which includes ongoing review of records submitted by providers and the annual HEDIS medical record review. The Senior Specialist will be asked to perform duties where clinical decision-making may be necessary.
- Participates in meetings with vendors for the medical record collection process.
- Assists Manager and Supervisor(s) in training and takes the lead role in these activities
- Collects medical records and reports from provider offices, loads data into the HEDIS application, and compares the documentation in the medical record to specifications to determine if preventive and diagnostic services have been correctly performed.
- Works with the corporate HEDIS team to monitor accuracy of abstracted records as required by specifications.
- Participates in scheduled meetings with the corporate HEDIS team, vendors and HEDIS auditors.
- Assists the quality improvement staff with physician and member interventions and incentive efforts as needed through review of medical records documentation.
- Provides data collection and report development support for quality improvement studies and performance improvement projects.
- Assists as needed in support of accreditation activities such as NCQA reviews, CAHPS and state audits by reviewing clinical documentation.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing or higher
Min. 3 years’ experience in healthcare with minimum 2 years’ experience in health plan quality improvement, managed care, or equivalent experience.
Required License, Certification, Association
Active and unrestricted RN license for the State(s) of employment
Preferred field: Clinical Quality, Public Health or Healthcare. Nursing: Master’s or higher
- 2 years coding and medical record abstraction experience.
- 1-year managed care experience.
- Basic knowledge of HEDIS and NCQA.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
- Certified Professional in Health Quality (CPHQ)
- Certified HEDIS Compliance Auditor (CHCA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or
- Certified Medical Record Technician with training in coding procedures (as required by state/location only), or
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
Pay Range: $54,922.50 – $107,098.87 a year*
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full TimePosting Date: 07/10/2023
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia